Chapter 48: Flashback ((D/n)'s First Christmas)

Lena POV

It was that time of year again. You could say its the most wonderful time of the year (except that one time last year). Christmas time! An excuse to dress like an elf and bring presents to everyone in the Overwatch base. More importantly, I get to spend it with (y/n) and (d/n), the two most important people in my life.

I had decorated our room already and, with the help of a few others, decorated most of the base. It was fun! Might've annoyed a few people with my singing though... but that doesn't matter. (D/n) loves it when I sing to her, and seeing her smile makes my day. (Y/n) seems like he enjoys it, but it could be that he just likes to see me happy, and if that's what makes him happy, then it makes me happy, too.

Speaking of (d/n), she looked super cute in her Christmas jumper. I may or may not have been taking several pictures of her. I couldn't help it! She was so adorable! I had a picture of her with the Christmas tree in our room, several places around the Overwatch base, with (y/n) and me, you get the idea. It was her first Christmas, after all.

On Christmas Eve we had a small party for the Overwatch personnel who were staying at the base for the holidays. There were several agents who were not, like Angela, her husband, and Genji, who were at Angela's house. Lúcio had a Christmas concert to perform at in Rio de Janeiro, so he wasn't here either. Reinhardt was spending Christmas with Torbjörn and his family, so they weren't here. There were a few others who weren't here, either. That being said, we still had a fun time. There was a gift exchange, food, sweets, etc. I got an Outback Steakhouse gift card from the exchange, and (y/n) stole Krista's present, which was some of Ana's famous cookies.

"Oh come on (y/n)!" Krista says.

"Sorry sis. These cookies are mine!" He says. "I'm gonna have to hide them from Lena."

"Good luck with that. Too bad (d/n) can't eat them yet. Can you (d/n)?" I say, kissing the top of (d/n)'s head.

We have a bit more fun before (d/n) falls asleep. We leave the party a bit early so we can put her to bed. We look at her sleeping in adoration.

"I can't believe she's already three months old." I say

"Neither can I. I'm glad we get to call her ours." (Y/n) says.

"Me too. I love you (y/n)."

"I love you too, Lena." We quickly kiss. "We should probably get some rest. Christmas is tomorrow."

"Yeah we should."

I kiss (d/n) goodnight before we get ready for bed. When we're in bed, I snuggle up to (y/n) and feel his warm embrace. He kisses my forehead and I smile.

"This Christmas is gonna be wonderful." I say.

"Yeah. Our first Christmas with our daughter." He says.

"And no Emily to ruin it."

"Yeah I guess so."

I giggle and we kiss before we fall asleep. However, I'm woken up by the sound of crying. I rub my eyes and check the time. It was 2:36 in the morning.

"First Christmas present. Waking up too early to a crying child." I mutter to myself.

I look at (y/n) who's still sleeping and get out of bed. I go to (d/n)'s crib and pick her up. I try to quiet her down a bit while thinking what upset her. I guess she's probably hungry, and I'm right, because (d/n) quiets down when I start to breastfeed her. As she's feeding, I look at the Christmas tree. There were a few presents under there, and I can't wait to open them. I'll have to open up (d/n)'s, too, and really they're just some things we bought her. I wanted to put them in presents and open them for my own amusement.