Chapter 116: Harem Route, Unofficial Capture #1

Start from the beginning

     Ah, I really hoped he wasn't there for any of that battle...

     "You're thinking about someone," Keir was looking down at me with a not-so-happy expression, and it looked fairly dangerous.

     "You're showing yandere tendencies," I was looking up at him with a not-so-happy expression as well, and I knew it didn't look even the least bit dangerous. There was only so much you could do with a face like mine.

     His eyebrow twitched as he set me down on a chair. I had no clue when, but we were soon on the platform with the tea set and table.

     "Why do you always say the weirdest things?"

     "They aren't weird. You just don't understand," I turned my face away and looked off into the distance, hoping to see something other than those floating black, paper-thin circles.

     "Care to explain?"

     "Not at all," I huffed, crossing my legs and folding them beneath the shirt. It was gray, believe it or not. "How long have I been here?"

     "Not long," he poured some tea for me, then for himself. My stomach did the unexpected, upon using my eyes to see the steam wafting pleasantly with a nice aroma from the cup.

     It growled.

     My eyes widened. When's the last time I ever felt hunger? Human hunger?

     "That's right," Keir blinked at me. "You're human...humans need food." He snapped his fingers, staring into the distance. "I'll be right back."

     He disappeared really fast, not even his shadow sticking around a second longer.

     "And stay away," I sighed, relaxing in the chair. I didn't make a single move to find an exit or anything, because even if I found one I wouldn't be able to reach it. Keir would likely catch me before I exited, and even if I did make it out of this space he would track me down until he found me.

     For some reason, I was strangely sure of this.

     I looked down at my hands, remembering how I woke up at the worst moment. I was literally just about to win, sinking my claws into his neck. After that, I could've whipped Paivla's dagger out of my storage and sunk it into his chest. He would've been gone from this world again, and I wouldn't have to see him or his gray themes for a long while.

     He would probably just come back after being gone for some time again, but it was worth it.

     What was Mother doing right now? How was Father reacting to having a replacement in his home? Did someone tell him that Kiki's a Demon? That probably wouldn't go over well.

     What about the king? How was he fairing, not having his trusted omnipotent aide by his side? How were his children? They for sure missed River, since I dragged her back to play as me.

     Ah, I really needed to get back soon. If not just to clean up my aftermath, but to apologize for all the trouble I'd caused. It was the Japanese in me.

     Keir appeared a minute later, a meal in his hands that he placed on the table in front of me. It was still hot, the food on it looking very enticing.

     "Who did you steal this from?" I stared down at it while saying as such.

     "How rude," he frowned slightly. "I paid for it."

     "You can't pay for a meal and receive it right away, this isn't the fast food industry," I scoffed. "You probably took it from some unwitting soul, then chucked a few coppers at them as you ran away."