"Well, however you paid you got robbed kid," he father told her as Lexi got back on her feet. And then he suddenly looked at me and glared and oh, here it was the normal reaction. "Son, I'm going to tell you this just once. I worked for a butcher in my early years and I ain't afraid of using these skills on some hormonal teenager."

He wouldn't have to tell me twice. Yep. Blake gone. Bye bye. "Yes sir. I'm sorry sir. I'll leave now," I automatically answered. I wanted to get out, like now, but Lexi's dad was still standing by the door.

And he started to laugh again. He wasn't just chuckling here. He was laughing out loud. This was a holding your belly and needing to hold on to something not to fall over kind of laugh.

Yep. Dreaming. Definitely dreaming.

"Seriously kid, where did you get this one?" her father asked her and he was honest to god holding onto the door frame and wheezing a little because he was laughing too much.

"The real question is how do I get rid of him daddy," Lexi answered and walked over to her dad.

Looking at the two of them together, like this, like they were ganging up to tease me, it felt... oh so very odd. I had no similar experiences to use as reference points as to how I should act.

"Easy. You sleep with him. When they get what they want they don't come bothering you anymore," he automatically answered and then started to laugh even more. As if that was possible.

What. The. Hell?

It didn't happen often, but here, right now I was speechless. Absolutely speechless. It seemed to happen often in Lexi's presence.

"Stop making that face, son. You'll get grey hair prematurely. Don't worry, I didn't work with a butcher. But I worked in a coffee shop and I can grind your nuts," he added and just laughed and laughed and laughed.

He was messing with me. Both of them were messing with me. Again, I wasn't sure how I was supposed to process that information. Sure, I was friends with Tyler so I kind of figured that the Graysons could be a little crazy. I never figured that Tyler's crazy antics came straight from his genitor.

"Dad. No. That one wasn't funny," Lexi told him. Was she crazy? She should be playing along! Her father caught her with a boy in her room. She should be finding all of his jokes hilarious. I knew I would if I wasn't so frightened. And confused.

"You're losing your sense of humor kid," he answered and then looked around him. Was he looking for hidden cameras? Because I kind of was too. "Where's your brother?"

Lexi shrugged. "Out with some bimbo."

"Damn kid! Well, that means more fish for us. So are you staying son?" Lexi's dad asked. He was looking at me. He said son. I think he was speaking to me.

Was he serious? Was it an actual question or a test?

"Is he dumb?" he asked his daughter.

"Not in the mute sense, but yes in the brain damage one," Lexi replied and laughed.

I should be answering. I should say something. "I'm... a little...confused," was all I could muster really.

That got both of them laughing again.

"Of course you are. Now, let's get this dinner ready otherwise we'll never eat," her dad just easily answered and finally left.

Just like that he was gone. No big scene, no "STAY AWAY FROM MY DAUGHTER YOU SPERM FACTORY."

I highly doubted that this was how it usually went when boys were found in daughter's rooms. Or maybe I had this all wrong and that was her step-father or her very old boyfriend she liked to call dad. I should make sure. "That's your dad?" I asked her when I was sure he was far gone.