I looked at mom curiously but didn't say anything as Calvin took a quick peck at my forehead.

"I'll see you outside."

After we were alone, I looked at mom.

"What's up?"

"I just want to say...I'm really proud of you. And I'm sorry for being a failure as your mother."

"Mom please don't do this," I murmured, eyes down casted so I would not cry in front of her.

"I have too! What you went through was horrible and to make it worse, no one was there to help and support you. God...you were going to kill yourself as well. If it wasn't for Calvin..." she trailed off, not knowing what to say.

I tried not to cry.

"Mom, we already went through this. It's over. It's...I'm okay now. I mean, I'm going to see a therapist and a psychologist when I get to UPENN." I smiled softly, trying to ease her growing concern. Ever since things started to settle down, I decided to finally get the help I needed.

I'm going to see a therapist and a physiologist in order to get past everything.

She reached into her purse that was on the couch and took out an envelope. I curiously looked at the envelope and then back at her.

"It's from your father."

I swallowed the lump in my throat at the mention of his name.

"I didn't get a chance to read it because he specifically said it was for you. You don't need to read it but I think it's nice to know that he still cares. There's also a check in there for $30,000. He told me you need it for college. And...to say sorry. He's not ready to heal yet...but when he is...he hopes you can be able to sit down and talk with him one day."

I tucked it into my pockets, making sure to read it after Calvin's birthday party.

"Thank you," I said as my eyes started to tear up even more as I stared at my mom.

My mom who had been so busy this year who was only trying to distract herself from the burden and pain...cracked.

I wondered why I had never seen it before.

How hard had it been for her to have the constant feeling of being a failure as a parent on her shoulders?

She pulled me in for a hug and I hugged her back tightly.

"You better call me everyday when you are at UPENN. I'm so proud of you," she said and I chuckled.

"I know."

"You okay?"

I smiled at the question.

"I'm okay."

"Good and go have fun. Make sure to take a lot of pictures for me as well!" She demanded before shoving me outside, making me laugh.

I rubbed the remaining tears out of my eyes as I looked at the three who was staring at me from outside the car.

"Everything okay?" Calvin quickly asked as soon as he noticed my eyes were spodgy from the tears.

"Yeah I'm fine. Sorry to keep you waiting now let's go!"

___ ____ ___ ____ ___

In the beginning, it was a bit weird and awkward as Joshua and Megan didn't know how to react to seeing Becca, despite us warning them a bit. Christian on the other hand, seemed to remember Becca since Calvin and Christian was childhood friends at one point.