And I never went into detail with them either.

And yet...here I was spilling my guts out.

Every negative emotion I felt towards that night was laid out to her even more as I spoke more.

It was hard admitted the fact that one was raped. It was something that you shouldn't ever face. It was something that was hard to admit out loud because once you say it...you're admitting and accepting your past.

We chatted a bit for over an hour as I got to learn more about the case and what I had been doing since me and Paul broke it off. By the time I was done, it was already seven o'clock. I wasn't in a rush since London was going out for dinner with a few friends from her mommy and me classes.

"I really want to thank you for going into detail with my case and really bringing them to justice," I said as I got up, ready to leave. My eyes weren't as puffy anymore but I still sniffled here and there from the excessive crying in the last hour.

Not to mention that I felt super drained already too.

"I always did think of you as my own daughter when Paul introduced me to you. I know this is a bit awkward to ask but...do you ever consider getting back with him?"

I smiled as I shook my head.

"I'm sorry Mrs.James. Paul is an amazing guy and an amazing boyfriend as well but...I don't think we will get back together. I admit it was mean of me to break up after that night but...I'm not in love with him anymore," I said truthfully as I played with the necklace around my neck.

"I noticed by the way you clutched onto that necklace. I assumed your boyfriend gave it to you?"

I nodded and she smiled genuinely at me.

"I'll update you as of how it goes tomorrow but I know they will get what they deserve," Mrs.James confidently said and I nodded.

I said goodbye to her and the receptionist as I made my way out the door. It was getting pretty late so I quickly tried to make my way home through the BART back to the city.

I was surprised that I saw Calvin asking where I was.

I quickly dialed him back.

"Hello?"

Crap, his croaked and grumpy voice told me that he probably just woke up.

"I'm sorry. I thought you were awake. I didn't know you were sleeping. I just saw that you called me and I w-" I stopped talking as I heard Calvin on the other side of the phone laughing.

I pouted, even though I knew he couldn't probably see me. I huffed loudly to get the message across that I was not amused with his laughing.

"It's always so nice to hear you. You're voice seem to always make me smile," Calvin said.

"Me too," I confessed and immediately, I felt myself blushing at just how honest I was being with him.

"I was just checking if you got off work yet."

"Yeah," I lied smoothly even though a part of me wanted to tell him the truth.

I held it in.

"How was your day at home? Recovering okay? Did you change them so it won't get infected?"

"No, I just got out of bed."

"You have to change it each day to make sure it's good," I scolded as I started to make my way to BART.

He groaned like a child on the other line, making me chuckle.

It always made me feel better whenever I talked to him.

"Can I come over?"

My stomach did a backflip at the thought of being alone again.

"Are you sure you can even get up? Why? Is everything okay? Is Erik home?"

"No. I just want to hold you and I somewhat miss your cooking. Is London home?"

"Well she's not home right now but she will be coming home later tonight. How exactly are you going to get to me anyways?"

"Uber," he said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"I'll be home in about forty minutes if that's okay with you?"

"Sure. I'll meet you there in a bit. You want anything? I can get it on the way to you? Chipotle?"

I made a face, "It's fine. I'll grab Chipotle on the way home since I don't want you to move around too much."

"I'm going to get it, Reina. Get home now," he demanded.

I huffed but didn't argue against him.

____________________________________________________

Donations can be made here: paypal.me/HisBeautifulMess

Reasons to Live: 42. "Sometimes we fall, sometimes we stumble, but we can't stay down. We can't allow life to beat us down. Everything happens for a reason, and it builds character in us, and it tells us what we are about and how strong we really are when we didn't think we could be that strong." -Gail Devers