Chapter 39-

Chapter 39-

"What did you do on your birthday? I never got to ask and Calvin wouldn't spill when I called him. What did you do? Did you do the deed? Did anything kinky? Tell me," Christian pressed on the other line.

"London are you done yet? I don't want to talk to this pervert on the line," I said loudly so she could hear me in the kitchen. After coming home from work today, I was certainly not in the mood to be harassed by him.

I was already harassed by both Megan and Joshua on the phone yesterday after Calvin dropped me off. 

It was a lovely Saturday and now that it was Sunday, they felt like it was right to harass me for every detail as of what me and Calvin did yesterday for my birthday and Valentine's.

Not that I would tell them.

"Give me one more minute! I just need a few more things to complete my sandwiches. You sure you don't want some?" London asked again loudly from the kitchen.

"I'm sure I don't want your pickled sandwich with spam and ranch," I said making a face at the thought of the taste. 

God knows what that would taste like.

"You certainly wouldn't keep such an important secret from me, would you? Aren't I your best friend?" Christian's voice snapped me back to the conversation we were having over the phone.

"I don't recall us being best friend," I said as I placed the pencil that was tucked behind my ear onto the desk as I stared at my math homework. 

"But I'm Calvin's best friend, therefore, I am your best friend!"

His logic never seemed to surprise me. 

It was somewhat similar to Joshua.

And I'm not sure what's more scary.

I cannot imagine what would life be like if I had grown up with both Joshua and Christian.

"I don't remember Calvin calling you his best friend," I commented as I heard London's foot tapping on the wooden floor, indicating she would be here soon.

"We're still pretty close if you ask me," Christian defended on the other line. 

"I'm not denying that but I'm sure you don't know everything about him yet," I retorted back.

"Have you heard anything from him today? Usually he would at least reply back with one message if I texted him."

I made a face.

"You text him everyday?"

"You don't?"

"No. I haven't texted him at all today," I recalled and made a face when I realized that he haven't reached out to me at all today either.

Usually, he would have texted me at least one message or so. 

"What kind of best friend and girlfriend are you?" 

I rolled my eyes again before I was finally able to see London from the corner of my eyes as she walked over to where I was sitting. I tossed over her phone before I can retort back anything as I took in again just how big her stomach had gotten. With about five months in at this point, her stomach was already swollen.

And it wasn't going to stop there. 

London made her way out of the living room now with her phone held up by one of her shoulder as she then made her way upstairs with a plate of sandwiches. She continued to blab happily to Christian as I finally relaxed as I took in the quiet around me. My hands made their way to where the necklace that Calvin had gotten me yesterday and I couldn't help but smile.