Neha looked up at Arun in surprise. She mentally slapped herself again at forgetting that Arun was with them. But before she could open her mouth to apologize, Payal whispered in her ears,

"You remember him, don't you? At the cafe when we last met. You hadn't allowed me to take his phone number. Looking more handsome right? I wish I wasn't married!"

Neha should have felt angry at that. She should have remembered the jealousy that had crawled up in her heart when she had first seen Payal near Arun. But right now, Payal's obliviousness was just making her laugh from the inside. She was just thinking that how hilarious it would be when she will get to know that who "the handsome" is.

In other circumstances, Neha would have scolded Payal for her absurd words and actions, scolded her to even think like this when she has already married the love of her life, and giving an awkward and apologetic smile in the man's direction would walk away dragging Payal with her.

But this time was different. It was her husband, her love, Payal was talking about. And Neha didn't feel bad at her words because she knows Payal's attitude. She knows it's just how she is. But, this time Neha thought of this as an opportunity to teach a lesson to her friend.

Neha smiled proudly and linked her arm with Arun, making him stand before her friend.

"Payal, meet my husband Arun Nair and Arun," she looked at him, "She's my college friend Payal as you must have gathered from our conversation."

Neha bit her lip to control her laugh. As expected Payal was shocked, shocked to the core that was very much visible on her face. Her eyes darted from Neha to Arun and then back to Neha. While Arun removed his hand from Neha's hold and wrapped it around her shoulders.

"She is my wife," he said looking at Neha with love reflecting in his eyes. Neha just smiled back at him. Arun was indirectly telling about his being uncomfortable a while ago to Payal.

"I'm...oh no I didn't know. Seriously if I would have known I wouldn't have even thought about saying something like this. I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry. I really didn't mean it," Payal started apologizing.

Neha laughed at her and said, "That's why I say to stop all this Payal. You never listen to me and then go on to say that I'm your best friend. Seriously? But don't worry because this time I'm not mad."

Payal hugged her tight at that and kissed her cheek. "Thanks, babes! Love ya!"

"And did I say that you are looking absolutely hot right now!"

Neha's eyes widened at her comment and that's when she realized that she's wearing the dress that she wanted to show Arun. She looked at him and opened her mouth to say something but then closed it again seeing that Payal was looking at them.

"I'll change and come fast!"

"Neha wait, don't be in a hurry. I'll take your leave now."
Thus Payal went after bidding bye to both Neha and Arun.

At the billing counter,

"Are you sure I should take this dress? I don't even remember taking it in the trial room," Neha said, "It's very costly and..."

"No discussions we are taking this. And I'm paying the money then why are you stressing so much. You loved the dress didn't you?" Arun asked.

Neha sighed. "Yes, I guess I'm just making excuses but when did I even take it?" she mumbled puzzled.

"I had seen you looking at it. I could clearly see that you wanted it with the way you smiled when you touched the fabric. So..."

"So you kept it with my other tops?" Neha said surprised. Arun nodded in reply. She smiled and hugged him in happiness.