Part 32

The following day Neha was discharged from the hospital.
At night,

"Arun" a usual normal tone.

"Arun" a pleading tone.

"Arun" a sad tone.

Neha sighed, disappointed at the attempts of gaining the attention of her husband who was engrossed in his laptop while sitting beside her.

Finally, she nudged him twice on his arm.

"What is it Neha? Go to sleep, it's late. You need rest," Arun said in a soft tone.

"That's what I am saying, it's quite late, and 'we' have to sleep. Moreover, you never work when home," she replied emphasizing the 'we'.

"You haven't seen me that doesn't mean that I have never done it before. There is an important matter that needs to be solved. You go to sleep," he said and without waiting for an answer, went and switched off the lights. Neha went to sleep with sadness in her heart.

The next day Neha was to be in bed for the whole day according to the instructions of her family. Not going to work and not being allowed to do any other work at home was making Neha bored. So she asked Swara to bring some card paper for her from the shop. Then using the card paper, crayons from Arun's shelf, and her pencil, she made sorry cards for each member of her family.

For her mother-in-law,

Neha was standing with her head bent down

Neha was standing with her head bent down. Her mother-in-law smiled looking at the card and patted her cheek saying,

"Yes, what you did was a mistake. You shouldn't have hidden your pain, especially from your family. But you have to promise that whenever you are in a problem, you have to share it. If you wouldn't share your problems then how will we be able to help you with it."

"I'll never do something like that again, promise," Neha said.

"That's like my good daughter. Now listen to me and go and take rest."

"Okay, mom," saying this Neha went to her room.

For Swara,