Part 58

*Please excuse the mistakes*

"You are married?"

"You are married?"

Both women exclaimed in surprise while Arun just looked between both of them trying to understand what caused this kind of reaction.

"Payal? You?!" Neha said shocked. She had not at all expected to meet her friend here, at this place when she is with Arun. And the most shocking thing was that right at this moment both of them were mirroring each other.

Payal was also wearing a dress with her mangalsutra and sindoor on her forehead standing out very contrastingly against the western look.

She was as surprised as Neha was because the last time they had seen and talked to each other was before they were married. So the surprise and shock came out in the form of the direct question from Payal's mouth.

"Nehu, you are married and you didn't even tell me? I am your best friend and..."

Payal's sentence was cut off when Neha raised her eyebrow challenging her to complete her sentence.

"Okay," she rolled her eyes, "I may not be your best friend but for me you are! And forget inviting you didn't even inform me about it...I mean I still can't think of you as a married woman! Are you serious? Couldn't you wait for some time more? I leave you for some months and this is what happens? Even aunty didn't bother to inform me, even she didn't remember me? How could you both do this to me!"

Payal was getting all melodramatic according to Neha. And being a hypocrite too, as the same black bead was hung around her neck and Neha had no clue about it.

When finally Payal stopped her rant, Neha said,

"Did you finish? Put it all out Miss. oh sorry "Mrs. Payal"," Neha air quoted. That's when the realization expression came on Payal's face as she bit her tongue feeling guilty.

"If I did wrong then you are also on the same stand. Now that you have said so many appreciative words for me, it's my time to ask and you'll answer, understood?" Neha said sternly.

Payal nodded like a child.

"Who. Is. It?"

Payal grinned excitedly at that and unlocked her phone. Then she showed the wallpaper of her wedding picture to Neha.

Neha gasped in surprise when she saw the snap. "Venkat?! Are you serious? You both did it finally? And..."

Understanding Neha's question, Payal answered her cutting her off, "Yes, they agreed can you believe it! But seriously girl, we had to do a lot of hard work. Phew!" she said dramatically wiping her forehead. "See, for example, this can be done only when we are alone or out like this and that too far away from home," Payal said gesturing to her blood-red colored dress with a sweetheart neckline.

Neha shook her head a little surprised and shocked. She had that unbelievable look on her face.
"Wow!" she chuckled and hugged Payal, "Congratulations to both of you! By the way, where is he? I wanted to meet him too..."

"He was here some time ago. But his work called so he went away," she smiled, "Now you got to know all about me right? Now tell me who is the lucky one to get my Nehu?"

Suddenly she realized that a third person is standing there listening to their conversation. And at the same moment, Arun decided that it was time to make his presence known. So he cleared his throat calling for attention not knowing whether he should address Neha, seeing as her friend is clueless about their marriage.

To think the woman who was flirting with him a while ago, in the subtle way of asking name, would be his wife's friend! God! The woman who had started making a very bad impression on him with her approach turned out to be a person he never thought of. Arun was so engrossed in their talk that he didn't realize they had forgotten him until his existence was mentioned.