Part 5

After a few days...

Neha's POV

While I was returning home early from work, I got a call from my friend Payal.

"Hey, hello Payal, how are you?"

"Hi, Nehu! I'm fine. How are you doing? Got any boyfriend yet?"

I could totally imagine her wiggling her eyebrows at me.
"Shut up Payal. Tell me what happened? Why did you call all of a sudden?"

"Girl, I'm near your office right now. At that famous cafe. I had some work here, so thought to call you and catch up with each other."

"Payal I'm so sorry, but I already left the office. I'm at the station right now. Can't we do the 'catch up' some other day?"

"No, no, no, a very big no Miss Neha. You take an auto right now, make a u-turn and come back here. It'll hardly take you 10-15 minutes to reach here. If you want, I'll pay you the auto fare. Get your lazy ass here in 15 minutes, I'm waiting. Bye, love ya!"

And she hung up just like that. Without even waiting for my reply.

So let me tell you all a little about the history of my and Payal's friendship. We were friends in degree college, not so close friends but still cared about each other. After completing our degree we kept in touch with each other only through messages. This is the first time that she has called me.

Payal is a totally unique personality that I have come across in my life until now.
You all must have noticed that the first question she asked me was whether I have a boyfriend? She is the only person who seriously has an interest in these "relationship" aspects of my life. I like her because she has a good heart and cares for one whom she truly loves. But sometimes she used to just irritate me with her thinking and her habit of flirting with guys!
So this is one of the weird kind of friendship that I and Payal share.

Anyways, coming back to the present; I reached the cafe, got out of the auto while giving the fare, and then entered inside. I looked around to find Payal and found her waving enthusiastically at me from the corner two-seat table.

"Hey!" I greeted her.

She just got up and hugged me tightly. It's her usual way of greeting everyone she meets.

"I missed you so much!!" Payal replied.

I smiled at her and asked, "How are you doing? How is your new workplace? You had changed it last month right?"

" Yes, it's a new one and the place is..." in this way she proceeded to tell me everything about her work, family or you can say her life till now in general.

Just when we finished placing our order, my phone rang. It was my mom. Oh yes! I forgot to inform her that I'm sitting with Payal.

"Hello, mom? Sorry, sorry, I forgot to tell you I'm sitting at the cafe near my office. I'll come in some time. I'm..."

She didn't let me complete my sentence, which was to inform her that I'm sitting with Payal. Instead, she just put the call on hold. Strange, she never does that.

After a few seconds,

"Hello, Neha, beta listen to me. Arun had called up a few minutes ago. You remember Arun Nair right?"

OH, MY GOD!