Part 15

Word and its meaning :

lehenga - a full ankle-length skirt worn by women usually on formal or ceremonial occasions.

dupatta - a length of material worn arranged in two folds over the chest and thrown back around the shoulders.

Recap: 

The conversation between Neha and Arun at night, two days before the engagement. 

(If you all still don't remember where I had stopped, which I can totally understand, you'll have to read the last chapter again)

Neha's POV

I had this wish of wearing a lehenga at any function or festival of our house. So finally, my wish got fulfilled with a double amount of happiness. The happiness of wearing a lehenga of my choice and that too on my engagement day.

Today is Sunday and my engagement day. Don't why Sundays are being so eventful for me! So right now I am standing in a royal blue-colored lehenga with a thick golden border, just the way I like it simple and elegant. There is a matching blue-colored dupatta too.

Now my hair and make-up are remaining. Mom had insisted till today morning, that she'll call for a make-up artist for me. But I said no. It is not like I don't like make-up or hate it or something, but I am just not comfortable with it for long hours. I feel as if my skin is getting suffocated due to a lack of air to breathe! I told my mom that I'll do the simple make-up basics that I know and that's enough. After that mom didn't bother telling me about it again.

At present, I'm sitting in my room with my door closed as I have put on the air conditioner so that I don't sweat in my heavy lehenga. I still have an hour and a half till they come along with their guests. I was just combing my hair, sitting in front of my mirror, but my thoughts were on about the upcoming event. How many guests would be coming? Will everything go fine as planned? I could imagine how excited Swara would be, as I had a glimpse of her eagerness about it when I had gone shopping with her. 

And mainly my thoughts were about Arun. What would he be doing right now? What would he be wearing? I had no idea about his attire too. But, I think mom and Sushma aunty were discussing color coordinating our dresses. Both of them are so much excited about our wedding, that they both talk on the phone longer than I and Arun have talked to date *chuckles*

I was so into my thoughts that I didn't realize when two people were standing on either side of me. When my eyes focused on the two faces reflecting in the mirror, smiling at me, I let out a squeal of surprise and joy!

A/N

A very BIG thank you to all those who have read, voted, and commented on my story till now!! Thank you for letting me know that you are enjoying what I write. It is a great encouragement. I was overwhelmed seeing that the reads have come around 1800! Yay! Thank you for making my day!

Next update: Tomorrow, 17th October