Part 39

*Please excuse the mistakes*

The next morning Neha was all ready and she just had to wake Arun up.

She sat beside him and called him, "Arun, wake up. Don't you have to leave early today? Get up."

Yes, he was leaving early because he has to travel quite a distance to reach home and after that, he is going to the office too. Opening his eyes he found a smiling Neha sitting beside him. He smiled back and wished her a good morning.

"Good morning. Now get up and get ready while I go and see mom," 'for the last time', Neha said in mind. He mumbled an okay.

After having his breakfast with everyone, Arun was all ready to leave. He kept his bag near the door and bid bye to his in-laws promising to come again soon. He was looking for Neha.

'Where did she disappear now?' Arun thought in mind. Sensing his roaming gaze, Neha's mother called out to her.

Arun's expression turned into a questioning and confused one when he saw Neha coming towards him with her bag in her hand.

"Why are you..." he started to ask only to be cut off.

"Bye dad, bye mom. Princess is going to miss you both very much. Miss me and come to meet me," Neha said and hugged them tightly. She shook her head lightly, gesturing Arun not to say anything now.

They both stepped out and sat in the car. Arun gave a questioning stare in his wife's direction.

"Why are coming with me? Didn't I tell you that you can stay?"

She gave a sheepish grin and said, "I wanted to come home. I know you had said that I can stay if I want to. But, seriously I wanted to come with you. And don't worry about mom. I had talked with her in the morning, she isn't sad or anything."

"What did you say to her?"

"That's a secret between best friends. You are not supposed to know."

He smiled at her reply. Putting his arm around her, he pulled her closer. Neha smiled and leaned on him as they both traveled to their home.

______________________________________

Knowing that he is going to be late today, Arun had made sure to take the house keys. Getting out of his car he made his way towards the main door. There was a smile of happiness on his face even after the weariness of the busy day. He always felt happy to come home knowing that there is someone waiting for his safe arrival. Arun had never thought that he would feel this way, this kind of happiness on coming home....a feeling, that for him his home is now his Neha. But maybe it's the "love" that is affecting his mind.

He entered his room to see Neha lying on the bed with her eyes closed. She had her earphones on. Arun shook his head smiling at his stubborn wife. 

Flashback

Standing at the main door of the house, Arun kissed Neha's forehead, a habit now, and said, "I'm going to be very late today because of the meeting. So I'm taking the keys with me. Tell mom and you too, do not wait for me. Go to sleep, okay."

Neha just smiled at him and said, "I'll inform mom." 

"Don't wait for me Neha," Arun said again stressing on the 'don't'.

She smiled more and just pushed him, gesturing to go on, "Now move or else you'll be late."

Arun shook his head, still hoping that she'll not ruin her sleep.

Flashback over 

Neha was looking beautiful in the pink saree with her long hair neatly spread on the pillow. A small smile appeared on her face. 'Probably a favorite song' Arun thought looking at Neha's smile. He was going to get up but was stopped by Neha's voice.