Part 43

*Not edited (as I'm very sleepy right now😛) *

Dear Diary,

It's enough now, I'm tired. It's getting irritating. It's been a week already! Okay, not a week, but it's five days since....since we have talked. I don't know how to ask now. Twice is more than enough...yes I showed both my sweet and angry side but I failed both times. It's obvious that he doesn't want to talk...but I'm getting stressed like anything. And my overthinking mind is not at all helping. I...I'm afraid that one day everyone else will also come to know that something is wrong. Today I was so zoned out that I almost burned my finger while cooking! Mom was giving me the suspicious gaze, but I successfully ran away before she could ask some tricky questions.

I don't know what to make of his silence. I am feeling as if I'm not worthy enough of sharing his worries. I seriously don't want to pester by asking the same thing again and again, but I'm getting restless. I'm missing him for god sake! Is it so difficult to understand? Even a single word would suffice, but not his...     He's here I think. Bye.

Third person's POV

Neha quickly hid her diary beneath her pillow and stood straight. Arun entered the room while rubbing his forehead. Neha moved forward and took his bag and the file that he was holding. Arun looked at her in surprise. Yes, anyone would be surprised because it's two in the night.

"You are awake?" he couldn't help but ask.

"Yes, I am. Freshen up. I'll bring dinner," Neha said with a straight face, but at the same time, her eyes were pleading with him to understand why she is awake.

Arun knew what she wanted to hear, he could clearly see the subtle ways in which she was trying to get his attention past five days. He understood that her staying awake is an indirect method of saying that she wants to know.
But, despite this cognizance, he did the same thing that he always does.

'He walked away. Again. Don't know how many times he must have done this! He knows, he knows, then too he is deliberately doing the same. I think it's better to leave him alone, just as he wants. At least I'll not become a bother to him. He'll tell. One day or the other he has to,' Neha thought in mind.

She placed his dinner before him and sat on the chair. She was reading a novel, but her drooping eyelids were an indication of how sleepy she is. Arun was stealing glances at his wife. He, too, was missing her. He was feeling to beat himself seeing how he is making her suffer. But, he doesn't have the courage to tell anything now. If he opens his mouth, he'll not be able to lie to her therefore he thought that avoiding is the best option. His view is that she'll be worried unnecessarily, not realizing the fact, that she is already worried.

At night, when they settled beside each other to sleep, Neha again had an urge to ask what is it that is bothering him so much but stopped knowing that it's of no use.
'You are not going to ask. Trust him, he'll tell,' Neha thought in mind. 'Yes, yes trust him. The trust which he clearly doesn't have on you,' came the remark of her subconscious which Neha chose to ignore. 

Arun pulled her close to him, wrapping his hand around her waist and keeping her head on his chest. Neha closed her eyes and hugged him back trying to find a peaceful sleep in his warmth.

'I love you. Thank you for being there with me. I'll make everything right again. For you....for us' Arun thought in mind looking at the sleeping form of Neha.

The next morning

As usual, Arun was gone before she woke up. Yes, he gets up before her, doesn't have his breakfast, and comes back late at night. How wouldn't anybody be worried about such behavior?