Part 22

Dear Diary,
                    A month flew away in a blink with everyone so busy with the preparations. Conducting a marriage is very hectic work! And the part that I dislike the most is invitations. Invitations to the most distant of distant relatives too. You don't know, my relatives can be really annoying. Everyone has different ideas, different views, pointing out the vices about the people who they haven't even met, going on to criticize your career or even your life, etc, etc. I have already seen their attitudes at two weddings (my sisters), and seeing my mom and dad handling them the third time just made me angry!

It's not like I don't love them or respect them, I understand it's quite contrary to my harsh words, but it's true. I don't hate them. In fact, I have never "hated" anybody in my life, as I feel hate is too strong an emotion. And I also know that whatever they mean or think in mind, they have never harmed me or my family in any way. But, they do manage to mess with my mental system so much to make me angry.

Anyways all the messy stuff aside, this is the last time that I'm going to spend in my home, my room. I am going to miss mom and dad like hell! I'm going to miss my room, my things, I'm going to miss everyone and everything! Anyways, I wanted to remind you that this is the last time you'll be there in this house as you are going to come with me tomorrow to my new home. Yep, tomorrow's the big day! So we'll have to find a new hiding place for you (winks).

Neha's POV

I was just scrolling through my social media accounts and chatting apps. It was eleven at night. Mom had already come twice to lecture me on having a good night's sleep, but I just couldn't. I wanted to be awake for the whole night for the few hours that were remaining in my home. I wanted to cherish the happiness of being in the comfort of my home. Tomorrow we have to get up early in the morning and go to the marriage hall. From there my destination will directly be Arun's house.

Trrng trrng......trrng trrng.....trrng trrng.... my phone rang. I picked it up sleepily without bothering to see the caller's name.

"Hello," I said slowly.

"Hey, why are you awake till now?" came the reply from the other side, "Is everything all right?"

"Yes everything's fine, no problems," I answered.

"But I don't think so."

"And may I know why do you think like that?" I asked.

"No scratch my previous words, I know so."

"And what do you know exactly?" I asked again.

"I know that you are lying about being 'fine' because your voice is clearly betraying your words."

I sighed. "It's nothing. Don't worry I'm fine."

"You know when a person repeatedly emphasizes being fine, that clearly means he is "not fine". Surely you must be knowing this."

"Yes I do know what you said is true, but every situation has exceptions. Moreover, when a person repeats that he is fine, he clearly doesn't want to share his problems and is trying to deny it politely or it can be that he is trying to assure himself that there is no problem."

"Okay, so you admit having a problem and not willing to share with anyone, right? Why?"

"Mine is the first situation. Mine is the "exception" one, which means that I really have no problems." Yes, I can blatantly lie. Mine is the second situation.

"Sure, as you say."

Complete silence for thirty seconds. Yes, I was staring at the clock!

"What?" I asked irritably, but trying to keep my voice low, "Are you going to hang up or no?"

"You are being rude. This is not the Neha that I know. And I'm not going to hang up because you could have done that too, but you didn't. Which means that you want to talk too."

I instantly felt bad. Shoot! How could I be so rude! This is not me, I...

"I...I'm really really sorry for being rude. I swear I didn't mean to be harsh. It's just that I'm not in a mood today. I know that's not an excuse for my behavior, but that's all I can say. I don't know why I'm behaving in this way....please I...I'm sorry...."

Again the thoughts of leaving my home came to my mind. All this is seriously going to make me cry right now.

"Neha, Neha calm down. It's okay, take a deep breath and now tell me what is bothering you? You know sharing your problems with others helps your mind in a way. Makes you feel good. So, start!"

Stop being so persistent! I can't. No ways. 
But at this point, I think it's better to admit the truth than beating around the bush just to be polite.

"I'm sorry I can't. But it means a lot that you asked. Thank you for that."

I heard a sigh on the other side. I was feeling very bad, I knew this is not the way. But, I also know that if I'm not comfortable in something, my heart won't allow me to do it.

"So what do you wanna do now?" came the voice from the other side.

"How about we call it a night today and go to sleep? Tomorrow is going to be a very hectic day. So....good night?" I replied.

"I'll accept that on one condition."

"What condition?"

"I want a promise, a promise that you'll do anything that I ask you to. Then I'll hang up."

"Anything?" I repeated a little skeptical.
"No, I'm not doing "anything" that you ask."

This is why I don't like promises. They are hard to keep and have the ability to even break your heart. I don't even know what categorizes in the "anything" part, how can I make a promise?

"Please, it's a request, do it. I promise it'll be nothing uncomfortable for you or anything that you'll be unwilling for. I can assure you this from how much I have known you."

Trust is a weird thing! "Okay, I promise. What is it?" I replied.

"Cancel your marriage and run away with me tomorrow."