Part 36

Word and its meaning:
mangalsutra - 'mangal' means auspicious and 'sutra' means thread. It is a symbol of a married woman in India (in Hindu culture).

Both Neha and Arun spent their first day in Densis roaming in the garden of the hotel itself. The next day they stepped out of the hotel to explore the beauty of the foreign place. Both of them enjoyed going to the local shops and trying out the local cuisines. Neha enjoyed the museum the most, it was like she was reminiscing all the history of the place that she had studied. Densis had this charm of natural beauty at every place they went, the one thing that both of them loved very much. They spent more time with each other, talking, laughing, and smiling....simply enjoying.

After coming back to the hotel, while Arun slept for a while, Neha just sat in the chair that was kept on the balcony and was writing in her diary. Yes, she had brought her best friend along with her. Then at night too, after having their dinner when they came back to their room, Neha immediately took out her diary to write.

When Arun came out after changing into his nightclothes, he saw Neha still sitting in the same clothes, the clothes that had taken him by real surprise.

"Neha are you ready?" Arun asked her.

Hearing his voice, Neha contemplated for a second again, before taking a deep breath and stepping out of the bathroom. His back was facing her, but then too he sensed her presence and said,

"Okay, so we are leaving a little early. But the more time we get, the more we can see. So let's get going."

"I'll just get my coat," Neha replied still hoping that he would look at her and not into his phone.

"Yaa, okay," was his reply which made Neha groan. Nevertheless, she went and took her coat, but didn't put it right away. This time she went and stood before him and cleared her throat.

Arun looked up from his phone, only to get the surprise of his life. There was his wife, wearing a spaghetti top and three-fourth length jeans and her hair left open on one shoulder. The only ornament that she was wearing was her mangalsutra. He had never seen her wearing such clothes, so for a minute, he was just taking in the new side of his wife.

Neha never thought that her husband would be rendered speechless with her look. She smiled, lowering her gaze from his face. She wanted to ask how she was looking but stopped herself. She knew he'll say it himself if she is looking good. So she stepped forward and held his hand, dragging him towards the door of their room. But at the last step, Arun stopped, pulling Neha towards him instead.

"What are you wearing?" he asked.

"Uhmm...I...you didn't like it?" she asked looking down as the fear crept in that there is a chance that he won't like what she wore.

Arun smiled at her and said, "You are looking different. And this difference is beautiful."

She smiled brightly on hearing what she wanted and said thank you. Yes, it's insane to wear such exposing dress in cold weather, but she wanted to wear it for him. It's not like she never wore short dresses and tops before, she was just not comfortable wearing them outside her home when with other people. But, today was different for her as she was with her husband.

Coming out of his thoughts, Arun slowly went towards Neha to see what she was writing. He peeped in over her shoulder to see a letter of some sort.

Here Neha, unaware of her husband's intrusion, was contemplating on whether she should sign it or not. 'It doesn't really matter if I sign it or not, but.....what if he decides to keep it? Then? It's better to sign,' Neha thought in her mind as the ink flowed from the tip of the pen, inscribing her name at the bottom of the page. No sooner she had let out a sigh of relief than Arun made her gasp in surprise. He had taken away the letter from her hold.