Chapter 44

Chapter 44

I never thought Harry's mother was alive, he never talks about her. She told us that Harry called her last night to tell her that he proposed to me and she told him that she would come today to meet me but she found out about Harry's state while she was on the plane.

After everyone left, we got to meet properly, her name is Evelyn and she is a lovely woman, I don't see how she can be any different, she raised Harry after all.

She went upstairs to see Harry and talk to him, while I make us tea. ''How are my dear?'' She asks me as we sit in the kitchen and drink our tea. ''I'm still in shock and I'm very worried'' I say and she nods. ''Harry will be fine, I know he will, he is stronger than this'' she says.

''I was so happy when he told me he proposed'' she says and smiles at me. ''I actually knew who you were from before, he always called me and talked to me about you'' she says and tears form in my eyes. ''I always advised him and told him that he should treat you nicer'' she says and the tears slip down my cheeks.

''No, don't cry'' she says and looks at me sadly. ''I-I don't know w-what I'm going to do'' I say and she looks at me worriedly. ''I'm- pregnant'' I say and she smiles as she stands up and comes over to hug me. ''Oh, congratulations dear'' she says and I hug her.

''You shouldn't be crying dear'' she says. ''I-I don't want the baby to g-grow up without a-a father and if H-Harry d-doesn't make it, he-he will never g-get t-to know o-our b-baby'' I say as I brush my tears but more tears come. ''He will wake up, dear, you can't worry right now, worrying is awful for the baby'' she says and I nod. ''Did you tell Harry that you are pregnant?'' She asks me and I shake my head. ''No, I never got to tell him'' I say.

''A baby is a blessing always and God gave you this gift so you can get through this awful time, to give you strength and power to make it through your hardest times'' she tells me.

*

I was taking a short nap after our long conversation with Evelyn. And when I woke up, I went to the bathroom to search for pain killers, my head is killing me because I cried so much. I take the bottle of pills and struggle with the cap, I get frustrated which is not at all like me and I throw the bottle in the sink angrily as I start to cry again.

I sit down on the floor and hug my knees as I cry, someone opens the bathroom door. ''I h-heard noises, are you okay?'' Evelyn comes in. ''No, no, no'' she says and kneels down in front of me as she takes my upper arms and lifts me up. ''You're not going to do this anymore'' she says, as if scolding me. ''I don't want to watch you cry anymore, you're done with crying, get yourself together, for your baby and for Harry'' she says and starts leading me downstairs in the kitchen.

''If you continue to cry and worry and be sad, you are going to lose your baby, you need to be positive and give the positive energy to Harry so he will wake up'' she says and I look down sadly as she starts making something in the kitchen. ''I know exactly how you feel and I'm not going to allow you to feel like I felt when I was pregnant with Harry'' she says.

''W-what happened?'' I ask her. ''I just got married to Harry's father, I was starting to get used to the whole gang lifestyle but my husband was never home, his gang was growing to other countries then and he always went to fight with other gangs in other countries, I was alone all the time and I was pregnant'' she starts to tell me as she turns around and gives me a plate with a sandwich on it.

I thank her and start eating it. ''I couldn't even tell Aron I was pregnant, I didn't want to tell him over the phone and I just waited for him to come back and I was worried all the time if he was alive or dead, I used to sit in front of the phone and waited for his calls. One day, I got a call from one of his gang members, they told me that someone shot him and they thought he would never make it, but I told them to give me the phone and when they did, I told Aron that I was pregnant, he got up and continued to fight because he wanted to go home and be with me'' she says. ''The news about the baby made him fight for his life'' she continues.

''So, I never told him this because I didn't want him to worry, but I almost lost Harry because I was worried all the time. I woke up one night and I was bleeding, I rushed to the hospital and I almost lost him, the doctors said that they barely saved him, I never want that to happen to you, the fear in that moment is unbearable'' she says and caresses my cheek gently, like a mother would.

''I will stay here, until he wakes up, to take care of you'' she says and I stand up to hug her and thank her.

My mother was never this nice to me, I was never used to a mother that would give me advice and care for my health this much. Harry is lucky to have her in his life. She's an amazing person, I need her in my life right now, she is so positive and caring, I need someone like that because if I'm alone, I would lose my mind.