Chapter 27

Chapter 27

''Drink until the floor is the ceiling and the stars are your bed''

Arabella's POV:

I was dressed in a nice simple black dress that went above my knees, with a decent cleavage, it was strapless and I really liked how simple it is, I put on a black pair of high heels and went downstairs because this was the third time Harry called for me impatiently. We went to the garage and Harry picked out a key, I easily took it from his hand because he was not expecting me to do that and I smile at him.

"I'm going to drive you today" I say to him and he raises his eye brows. "You know I would never let you drive my car" Harry says jokingly. "You don't even know where we're going" I say to him and he sighs. "Fine but if you scratch my car I will kill you, literally" he says with a serious tone and I wink at him as I go to the driver's side and start the car.

"When did you get your license?" Harry asks me as I go to the main road and continue driving on the highway, his mansion is 30 minutes out of the city. "I haven't gotten a driver's license yet, my sister taught me how to drive" I say and smile as I look over at him before focusing on the road again. "I regret giving you my car now" he says to me and shakes his head. "Relax, I know how to drive, I'm not going to kill your precious car" I say to him.

"So where are we going?" He asks me. "We're going to a bar called Death & Co. You've probably never heard of it because older guys don't go there" I say to him. "Older guys" he says more to himself. "I'm just saying that only people my age go there to drink because that's the only place where they give alcohol to underage kids" I say to him and he laughs.

When we arrive at the place, I park his car and we both get out of the car, he takes my hand in his and we walk in the bar together. "Me and my friends used to go here on the weekends when we wanted to drink" I say to him. Like I expected, there were younger people here, there was a pool table and a few people playing there, Harry and I sat on one of the booths across from each other.

The waitress came here immediately and before Harry could order what I'm guessing his favorite drink; whiskey, I interrupt. "Four rounds of tequila shots" I say to her and she nods, that means 6 tequila shots for each of us. "Everyone here drinks tequila shots" I explain to him when I see he's confused.

I see three of my friends that I used to come here with, come my way they obviously saw me and they were coming to say 'hi'. I stand up and hug them all and I smile at them. "Ari! We haven't seen you in so long" one of my friends, Kayla says. "Yeah, I have been busy" I say to them, they all look so excited to see me. "Where have you been, you basically disappeared" they say to me and I nod. "I started a new job in a different city, you know I finished high school earlier and it was a very rush decision that's why I didn't have time to say goodbye" I say to them and they nod, they seem confused though.

"Yeah we saw your brother the other day, we heard he moved after we heard that you were gone but he said he came here to visit some of his family members" Ashley says to me and I give Harry a look, I knew he was listening to our conversation because he is looking at us. "And who is this?" The other one, Carla asks and they all turn towards Harry. "This is my- uhh" this is very awkward for me, I don't know what we are yet and I don't know what to say or how to explain it to them.

"Boyfriend, I'm Harry" he finishes my sentence as he offers his hand to all three of them and they introduce themselves. "Very nice to meet you, I hope you're making her happy" Ashley says and they all smile at him.

"How long are you staying in town?" Carla asks me as they turn to me again. "Just for today, I came here to revisit the past" I say to them. "Well if you're ever coming back here again, call us" Ashley says and I nod at them. "By the way, that guy Dylan that had a crush on you all of junior year is here" Kayla says. We say our goodbyes and they leave the bar, I sit back down.

The waitress comes with our drinks and Harry waits for her to leave before he speaks. "You seemed happy you saw them" he says to me. "I feel bad for them because they see me as a close friend, but I don't consider them as that. I never attach to people and I only hang with them because I could tolerate them, I was very irritable" I explain to him.

"Alright, this is how it goes" I say to him as I look at him excitedly. "Every time someone yells for the bartender we take a tequila shot" I explain to him and he chuckles. "We invented this game with my friends" I say to him and as if on queue someone yelled for the bartender. Harry and I both take a shot and eat the lemon afterwards as we flip the little glasses and put them on the table.

"That burned" I say to him and smile at him. "You're very cheerful" he says. "Yeah, this is how happy looks on me" I say and he reaches out and kisses my cheek, which is very odd for me. I didn't expect Harry to be a guy who shows affection in public. "Seeing you with your friends made me realize how serious I've become, I don't have enough fun time anymore, all I do is work now" Harry says.

"How old were you when you started your job?" I ask him, someone yells for the bartender and we take a shot quickly. "I was 17 when I joined as a gang member, when my father passed away, I became a leader at 19" he says and I nod. "That's very young" I say to him. "I know but my father was preparing me my whole life for that" Harry says. "That's an awful way to spend your childhood" I say to him and we drink another shot because we hear someone calling the bartender again.

I shake my head when the taste of tequila hits me and Harry just looks at me amusingly, obviously he can take a lot more alcohol than I can. These tequila shots don't even seem to faze him, he looks perfectly fine. "What's a good way to spend your childhood then?" He asks me. "Well spending time with your siblings, I don't know" I say to him.

"Did you spend a lot of time with your siblings?" He asks me. "With Dahlia mostly, we weren't that close with Mike when he was younger because he was always closer to our parents" I say to him. "Yeah I can see that, even after everything that happened to you, he sticked with your dad" Harry says and I nod. "I don't mind that he did, he doesn't know the truth but if they tried to save me, you would have killed them for sure" I say to him and he nods. "Yeah I would" he says.

Harry raises his glass of tequila and I do the same, we both drink it in a heartbeat even though we didn't hear someone call the bartender. "How is it like?" I ask him and he looks at me confused. "To kill someone?" I ask him and he looks down before looking at me in the eyes.

"You feel guilty constantly, you think about it over and over again after your first kill, I was very obsessed with the first person I killed. I couldn't sleep for days, I looked at his file to see what kind of a person he is and when I found out his family I gave them a big donation but that didn't help with the guilt, I despised what I had become" Harry explains, all I see on his face is darkness right now. "I was depressed for months but eventually after a few years I got over it and the next kills weren't so hard for me" Harry says.

"Who made you do it?" I ask him as we drink our fifth shot because we hear the word bartender again. "My father of course, I didn't even know the person but he made me do it to prepare me, to make me a man, at least that's what he said" Harry says and I nod. "Well I'm very sorry that you had to go through that Harry" I say to him and put my hand on top of his.

"You always seem to find the good in people" he says and I look down. "I don't believe that someone can be born a monster, your father made you kill someone, he is the reason you're in a gang and he is the reason you're making bad decisions" I say to him. "I made the decision of keeping you alive" he says and smirks at me. "And you'll always wonder if it's the right decision" I say to him and we drink our last shot.