Chapter 39

Chapter 39

The next morning, Stefanie calls me to ask me how I have been and ask me what happened. I lied to her and told her that I didn't take the test and she believed me. She told me that we're going out tonight and told me that they'll pick me up. I hear the front door open and I see Miles coming in, he takes off his shoes and goes to sit on the other couch.

"Hey, how are you?" He asks me as I look at him. "I'll be okay, I have nothing to do, I've been lying here the whole day" I say to him and he looks at me sadly. "Have you eaten anything?" He asks. "Just the cereal this morning, I don't have much of an appetite" I say to him. "Well let's go out to eat" he says ready to stand up from the couch.

"I'm actually going out tonight, I was just about to get ready" I say to him. "With who?" He asks confused. "With Stefanie and Liam and the others" I say and Miles looks at me confused. "Well she called me and she felt bad that Harry and I broke up so she invited me and told me Harry is not going to come, I didn't want to turn her down" I say to him and he nods.

"Yeah Harry distracts himself with work, he is so angry all the time because of his work there is no one to calm him down anymore" Miles tells me and I look down. I really don't want to talk about Harry. "I'm sorry, he just wanted to know how you are" Miles says and I nod. "I'm okay, I'm actually planning on looking through the files about my sister's death tomorrow" I say to him and he furrows his eyebrows.

"Why?" He asks. "All I know is what people have told me about her, I need to do the research on my own" I say to him and he nods understanding.

"How is Bella?" I ask him. "She's great, she is making everyone calmer because it's pretty tense at home right now" he says and I nod. "Well next time you come, bring her and Kayla of course" I say and he nods. "Okay, I'm going to go now, don't drink too much tonight and stay out of trouble" he says and I look at him. "You're younger than me, you don't get to give me rules" I say to him and he smiles. I hug him and after he leaves I start getting ready.

*

The dress I put on belonged to my sister but she gave it to me, it is a bit too short for me but I don't mind, I put on my high heels and fix my lipstick before I check myself in the mirror for the last time. I'm wearing a short black dress with the sleeves falling down my shoulders, my heels are pretty high, they're black leather and my hair is straightened to perfection, I don't have much make up on, just enough to make me look different from usual.

I hear the door bell ring and I finish the glass of wine I poured before getting ready. I know I'm not supposed to drink alcohol, but I decided that I will abort the baby and I really want to forget all my troubles tonight. I go downstairs and see Liam and Stefanie walking in the house. ''You look so pretty'' Stefanie says and hugs me as I thank her.

''Do you guys want a glass of wine or are we going right now?'' I ask them. ''We should probably get going right now, the others are already at the club'' Liam says and I nod. I sit in the back seat while Liam sits in the driver's and Stefanie in the passenger's seat and Liam starts driving.

I guess it's kind of weird I'm hanging out with Harry's friends but this is good for me. I had to get out of the house or I would go crazy in there, I have nothing else to do anyway. ''Is the club far from here?'' I ask Liam. ''No, it's actually a ten minute drive'' he says and I nod.

When we arrive at the club, we immediately go to the VIP area where the music is not that loud and people aren't grinding on each other, they're basically having sex with each other on the dance floor. I see Louis and Zayn are here, they smile when they see me and I hug them. I am very glad that Harry is not here, I knew he wouldn't be but I still had some doubts.

The waitress comes immediately and I look at Stefanie. ''Do you want to order shots?'' I ask her and she looks over at Liam immediately. ''A round of shot won't hurt anyone'' I say and order the tequila shots. the waitress comes with the shots and Stefanie and me drink the tequilas quickly and wash the disgusting taste with a slice of lemon after that.

''Let's go down to dance'' I say to her over the music and she looks over at Liam with fear in her eyes. I see that she only drank one tequila shot and I shrug and drink the two that were left. ''Slow down, love'' Zayn whispers in my ear but I ignore him and decide to go dance. Usually I would have never gone alone to dance, but the tequila shots gave me courage.

I first go to the bar to order myself gin and tonic and while I wait I look at the guy next to me that is sitting alone and looking at me. He looks like he is in his mid twenties, he is good looking and when he notices me looking at him, he smiles at me. ''Can I buy you a drink?'' he asks me and at the same time the bartender gives me my drink and I smile at the guy. ''No, thanks'' I say and take a sip.

When I turn around to go and dance, I feel a hand around my wrist and I turn around. ''Do you want to dance?'' he asks me and I smile at him. ''Sure'' I say and we both go to the dance floor. When I find myself between all of these people that are dancing is when I realize that I feel dizzy and the room is spinning, but that doesn't stop me from drinking or dancing. ''I'm Mark'' he says in my ear and I smile. ''Arabella'' I say to him and he nods.

The guy places his hands on my hips as we both dance and I am glad I came out, I feel much better and I'm really having fun. ''Do you want to share?'' he asks as he shows me a pill in his hand, I almost shake my head 'no', I have never done drugs. Honestly I would really want to try but not tonight and not right now. He doesn't wait for my answer as he takes the pill in his mouth and grabs my arm as he drags me closer to him and he leans down.

He kisses me roughly and I can feel him giving me the half of the pill with his tongue and putting it in my mouth as we continue to kiss. I realize what I'm doing and I stop kissing him immediately as I push him away from me and I shake my head 'no'. ''I can't do this'' I say to him but I see his eyes are focused on something behind me, he looks confused at first and then he looks scared. I turn around and see an angry Harry walking towards us.