Chapter 112: Fight Like Your Life Depends On It

Start from the beginning

     "Fir, go to bed. Now's not the time to talk about astronomy," Father was trying to feel around for me, too tired to open his eyes and actually look for me.

     "Father, this is important! Take off these bindings quickly! I've got trouble!" I was struggling and shaking as I tried to shed the rings, making my hands as small as possible as I got the tight bracelets of unbending metal off.

     "What?" Mother was groggy as she reached over and lit a flame over her hand with chant-less magic. She shone light on the scene of me desperately pulling on the anklet, while Father was trying to wake himself up and help me. Good man, he didn't question why I was so deathly pale and shaking so badly I looked like I was going to pee myself.

     "Um, I may have ticked off someone along the way and now they are in the house trying to find me and claim the winning rights," I explained when the last one came off. Yes, this proves that I was still a faithful daughter even while in the midst of dire straits.

No...it was just that unless I broke over overrode the command for the restraints, I couldn't get them off except for Father or Mother to do this, and since I spent a lot of time making them I didn't want to break them so fast.

I also kind of didn't think to just break them, since some thought process in my mind told me that I should not break the things that Father had specifically instructed me not to break. I held his word as law sometimes a little too well subconsciously.

     "Who might it be this time?" Mother was staring at me as I contacted Kiki in my mind, needing some assistance on this one.

     "You really don't want to know."

     Kiki appeared as River in the room, shocking the living daylights out of everyone here. Even me, since I was so jumpy.

     "Kiki! Good, please, I'm really begging you, please take my place and go back to my room. Can't have anyone suspicious when I disappear."

     "On it, Master," Kiki ducked her head and transformed into me. We exchanged memories and she whistled. "Wow, you've really gotten yourself into a mess this time. Good luck!" She waved at me as I ducked out of the room.

     Father and Mother got up, suddenly cautious because of how I came into their room out of my mind with fear. Of course, demanding for all of the limiters to come off even though they did almost nothing to my power was a curious thing as well. What could I say? I needed every ounce of it.

     Kiki tried to calm them, answering some questions they had and refusing to answer others that would put me in a more difficult situation.

     "The best thing right now, is to act like you don't know the girl that's about to appear out of nowhere. Go back to bed, please."

     "What's she so afraid of? It's not like my daughter to be afraid of something," Mother grabbed her staff and marched out in her robe.

     "Please, Mother, Firea isn't perfect. She's afraid of more than you realize and doesn't show it. The only reason she's so frantic this time," Firea AKA Kiki was tugging on Father's hand so he wouldn't leave, and he was staring down at this woman who had turned into his daughter and called her "Master" with unease, "is just because this time she's being sought after in her own home. Of course you'll become more scared if the place you live in has been invaded, no?"

     "So you're telling me," Father rounded on her finally, sick of how she was almost pulling off his pants, "that my daughter is about to be attacked by someone who managed to get past my barrier without it alerting me of an invader. Right?"