Pokeshipping: The Dense Game

"It's been a while since you haven't seen Misty, right mom?"

"Right." Mrs. Ketchum glared at the woman in front of her.

Misty glared back at the woman in front of her.

If looks could kill...

"I smell something sweet..." Ash sniffed and quickly headed off to his mother's kitchen.

With Ash in the kitchen eating the dinner they're going to serve soon, Delia and Misty were left alone in the living room; sitting facing each other.

The living room was... tense.

"Nice to see you again, Misty. You've been holding Ash back for such a long time. I haven't seen him in almost a year." Delia hated this girl. Ever since Ash started dating her, he came home and called less and less. He used to call her once a day; now he only calls her once a week. Plus, Misty was not good enough for Ash; she wouldn't know how to take care of him like Delia does. Does she even know that he likes the toast in the middle of his triple layer sandwich without the crust?

"Oh, he just doesn't like coming to Pallet town and I think I know the reason why." Misty hated this woman. She'd play the victim when a holiday approaches  and they always have to come and spend it with her. She's always ruining Ash and Misty's vacations. She never lets them enjoy Valentine's Day on their own. She sticks her nose in their life and likes to show Misty that she knows better.

"Pallet is his home, sweetie. He can go visit all regions but he will be back here in the end and settle down here."

"Or maybe you've just started having hallucinations with aging."

"You're still young but you get hallucinations."

"The fact that I care about Ash and I love Ash is real."

"What do you even know about my son? You've just met him yesterday. I raised Ash."

"Exactly. Now, he's an adult. This is why you need to back off and let him actually live."

"I can't believe how rude you are! Is this a way to talk to your boyfriend's mother?"

"You keep insulting me nonstop! I can't respect you if you don't respect yourself!"

"And now you're calling me disrespectful! How low can you get?"

"Certainly not as low as you!"

"You're hideous both inside and out! I can't believe my son loves a woman like you!"

"I can't believe a woman like you is the mother of someone as great as Ash!"

"Did someone call me?" Ash came back to the living room with a slice of pie on a dish.

"Oh, no, honey." Delia's facial expression changed suddenly. "I was asking Misty if she'd like to dye my hair."

"Sure." Misty forced a smile on.

Ash blinked. He looked between the two and took a bite of the pie. "Okay...?"

"What color would suit me?"

"You have very beautiful eyes, Mrs. Ketchum. I think they need to stand out more. Maybe you can try a chocolate brown?"

"Really? I've never tried a brown hair dye."

"You should change the auburn."

"It's my natural hair color."

"Really? Are you saying this is your natural hair color? It's so pretty!"

Ash cocked his head. "Speaking of the chocolate..." He headed to the kitchen again.

Misty and Delia watched carefully as Ash walked away.

Delia snapped as soon as Ash left. "Do you act like this and lie to my son all the time?"

"I'm not the only one who's good at acting and lying, apparently!"

"I'm only acting for the wellbeing of my son! It's because, obviously, I care about Ash!"

"Well, I'm only acting for Ash as well! I want him to be happy!"

"Oh, sure you do!"

"Sure you care!"

Sitting on the kitchen table, Ash rolled his eyes and took a big bite of the chocolate mousse. "I'll be playing this game for a long, long time."

-

Something tickled in my mind when Josh told me "I thought you liked my mom"

Like wtf you know I don't and YOU don't either you say she annoys you-

Oh wait

WAIT

You're playing dense

D E N S E

And GingerAndy mode got on and this one-shot happened XD