[Pokeshipping Week] Appreciation

Misty was in the laundry room separating the white clothes from colored ones when her husband walked in with his phone on his ear.

"Wait a sec," Ash spoke to the phone before he placed his hand over the speakers. "Do I get home for lunch today?"

Misty didn't look at him. "If your majesty doesn't mind."

Ash wasn't in the mood for jokes. He was late for his reunion! "What are you going to make?"

The redhead finally looked at him. "That's all you think of? Really?"

"What's wrong with you this morning?" Ash narrowed his eyes and put back the phone close to his ear. "I'll be there in a few minutes."

He hung up the call, pulled close to Misty to kiss her on the cheek and quickly left the laundry room. Then, the slam of the main door could be heard.

Misty stared blankly at the washing machine after she switched it on.

"Mom! I'll be back with dad for lunch! Bye!" Another slam of the main door.

Misty sat slowly on the chair in the laundry room.

Seriously? No one remembered today is her birthday?

Misty has made a lot of concessions for her family throughout her life.

A lot.

When she was younger, she dreamed of becoming a professional swimmer. Her parents signed her up in the best swimming clubs and she was quickly making her way to the top, getting offers from prestigious swimming teams and scholarships offers from Universities.

She met her husband Ash Ketchum who is four years older a little while after she made it to Celadon University and joined the swimming team. He was the only son of a well known wine maker in Viridian city, and Celadon University was just a place where he could hang out before his father hands him over the business. Misty was young, madly in love, attractive and shy; Ash drove a Porsche, was muscular, confident and made Misty feel like a queen. Their hearts beat for each other. Misty was convinced Ash was the right guy for her, and Ash told her he couldn't wait to make her his wife.

The night her pregnancy test flashed positive, Ash didn't look concerned or worried.

"But what about my swimming career?" Misty was hoping to become a champion someday, win a trophy. Not that she didn't want to have Ash's children, but she was only nineteen and she was still trying to make her dream come true.

"Who said you can't swim if you're pregnant?"

"I want to make it to the Universities Championship! I can't do that if I'm pregnant!"

"I don't get what's the big deal, Misty." Ash shook his head. "If you want to swim, then just do it. What's stopping you?"

Misty was feeling really heartbroken. "They'll kick me out of the team, Ash!"

"Let them. There are a lot of guys hanging out in campus pool anyway. There is a pool in my parents' villa and you can use it." Ash smiled. "And swimming is good for pregnant women."

Misty loved Ash and still does, but she always felt he never really got anything about her dreams. He never cared about her dream and never supported her.

Eventually, Misty left the swimming team and dropped off Celadon University where she was taking the biology major. She thought she'd spare herself the awkwardness and leave before her coach and all the other students start noticing her pregnancy.

"I'm getting married." She told them with a weak smile when the girls of the swimming team asked her about the reason of her departure.

When she told her parents about the incident, they didn't sound disappointed or sad at all. They thought Ash loved her truthfully and will take good care of her and of their child.