Chapter 110: Send Off

Start from the beginning

I cast transformation magic on them and made them into dogkin, making Hera jealous because Chord's ears were now so soft.

"Make me one too!" Hera demanded with sparkling eyes. I could tell that the shy Adri was also kind of jealous of his big brother Anthem, so I sighed and made them into dogkin as well. Floppy ears and furry tails appeared, making them seem like cute little children.

It was a slight change, but it was enough to fool anyone who might be looking for these two so many years later. They would be looking for humans, not dogkin. Well, regardless, I didn't think anyone would be looking for Anthem...and Chord had been sealed so secretly that only someone from a top tier in the Church that knew about whatever experiment they'd been trying to do, and bothered to check on that rotting tomb of vile magic so many years later, would be looking for her. It was possible that they would estimate she wouldn't stay in the same place if she got out, too, so the chances were numerously thrown off that anyone would recognize them.

     Basically, they were perfectly safe. I would let them keep it if it made them feel safer.

"Father?" I asked him, seeing that it would look odd if a human man was walking around with a bunch of dogkin children and no wife. It was plausible that his wife was a dog in and they really were all of his children, but it seemed strange to me at least. My first thoughts screamed, "Slave owner!" until I reminded myself that humans and bearskin can interbreed...

"Sure," he gave in, even though I could tell he felt silly with it on.

When it appeared on his head, Chord suddenly wanted to be held so she could feel them.

Ah, she loves all cute things after all. I think the range of "cute" was extending into all things "pretty," because Father was not cute in any way. That would be insulting a noble, calling a thirty year old man cute.

"You won't do it for yourself?"

"No, I have something else in mind. The people of this town don't know me very well in this form even though it is what I normally go around in. I usually go around as my adult self."

All eyes locked on to me.

Father in particular was looking at me funnily, so I asked, "What?"

"...adult self?"

Anthem was staring at me with his mouth gaping like a fish. He asked, "Please don't tell me that it is as bad as it sounds."

"Huh? It's just a good way to pick up business," I was looking at them while rolling my eyes.

     Wait.

     Oh...oh no.

     That seemed wrong. Let me rephrase it...

    "They don't trust a child claiming to be a doctor to heal them, so I had to grow up a little and look even a bit professional if they let me come even three feet near their spouses, parents, or children."

"Oh, okay..." Anthem sighed. "Wait, that's not okay."

"Why not?" Hera turned to Anthem while questioning his tsukkomi.

Father was rubbing his eyes, tail limp and responding to his emotions. "Because you created a mix between your mother and me, right?" The question was directed at me.

I blinked. "Obviously?"

"How erotic is it?"

"Hey! I'm wearing three layers of clothes whenever I dress up that way!" I countered when Chord asked a funny question. "How do you even know what that means?"