•37•

KATES POV:

I woke up in a dark place I didn't recognize. The only source of light was a small window ten feet above my head, pouring in very little light, from the night sky but enough for me to see things around me.

Where the heck am I? What am I doing here?

I looked around me and saw Emma and aspen. But they were both tied up. It took me a second to register the fact that I was tied up to.

"What the.." I said trying to free my hands. Each of us were tied to a pole sitting on concrete ground. I looked over at aspen she had tears dreaming down her face, and a permanent scared expression.

And Emma she looked like she was still knocked out.

And then I remembered everything that happened.

Crystal. She knocked me out. She must have taken me here. Am I going to die? My eyes started tearing up. No I'm not going to die here.

"Emma wake up!" I said sticking my foot out as far I could to reach her. I hit her with my foot and she moved which gave me a sigh of relief knowing she was still alive.

"Aspen how long have we been here?" I said looking over at her again. She tried pulling herself together enough to answer my question.

"You've been out for a while. I tried and tried to wake up and Emma up, but nothing I think overall though we've been out for hours. I'd say it's around 1 in the morning." She said between sniffs.

"Guys... where are we?" Emma said tiredly and tugging at her arms trying to free her hands.

"I don't know but I kinda want to leave." Aspen said.

"What about the boys. They have no idea we are here. We were supposed to go meet them. We need help." I said more tears falling.

"Ok aspen, kate, crying isn't going to help, we need to stay strong and fight this. We are stronger than her." Emma said. Aspen and I both just nodded, the tears falling still but slower and silent.

"I have a question." I said

"What is it?" Emma asked

"I was knocked out by crystal. But you guys screamed at the same time... who knocked you out? Did crystal get all of us?" I asked, the thought bugging me.

"It wasn't crystal, not for me anyways. The person that knocked me out had more of a masculine figure, but I never saw his face, he had a hood on." Aspen said. I looked at her more closely to see she had a bruised cheek and black eye.

"Yeah crystal didn't get me either. But mine was a women. That's all I know. But I don't know who she is, she also had a hood on so I couldn't see her face." Emma said. Her eyes was also black.

My head immediately started spinning.

"How old did they look?"

"Ummm older?" Aspen said

"Yeah older, like 30 or 40." Emma said. The tears started spilling out again.

"Kate what's the matter do you know who they are?" Emma said. She turned to aspen trying to see if she knew what was the matter but she shook her head in confusion.

"Guys...

"What" they both said in unison

"I think my parents were the ones who knocked you out." I said as I let out a sob. As I thought about it, it was the only thing that made sense, two people a male and female, older looking, and targeting me....
Sounds about right.