Chapter 9.

FINNS POV

My steady breathing kept her calm. Her soft cheek was pressed lightly to my chest, and her hand was wrapped around my body.

I watched her sleep like this for I-don't-know how long. But this all felt right. She sleeping in my arms and me watching over her, making sure there wasn't a thing that could wake her up.

It was 5am by now, and everybody had stayed up all night on the balcony. Several small electric heaters and tons of blankets and pillows had been keeping us warm. Non-stop hot chocolate and coffee had been our best friends.

But the thing that made me stay up here the most were my friends. Nothing felt better than this; imagine yourself and your loved one on top of one of the highest buildings in your favourite city almost at dawn. Watching the city awake from above, not having a care in the world.

That's how I felt, I could stay like this for days. Her cheeks had a light red colour from the cold fresh air. I gently brushed my thumb over them trying to warm her up a litte.

3 hours. That's how much sleep I had gotten tonight, I was tired as fuck but I didn't care. As I said; not a care in the world.

"Don't loose her again, she's one of a kind you know." I looked to see where the voice was coming from, Jack. We hadn't made a scene tonight and I didn't feel like doing it right now.

"I know, and you of all people should know how desperately I need her in my life." I answered calm.

"Of course I do. But you are my brother and it would be a shame to just throw our competitive skills away right?" He grinned.

"You have got to be kidding me, Jack. Don't do this to me. To her, you're better than this." I felt myself get more nervous.

"Slow down now big brother. I'm offering you a deal, hear me out: Starting from today I will not make a move towards her unless she asks me to. I will no longer show any desperate interest in her, and I'll stop making you and her feel uncomfortable in my presence."

"But?.." I was so sure there was but.

"However, I will not quite my role as her love interest in Grace of Monaco."

There you have it, a stake right through my heart. Understandable what he's saying. I'll have to trust her.

"Fine. I trust you Jack, don't be a child now. You have Evangeline now right?" I just really needed to be sure.

"Eve? Oh goodness no, she was just a fling..my manager for Gods sake! Finn what did you think of me?! But on a more serious note, do you remember Ella?"

"Of course I do."

"Well we have been getting back in touch lately, and I seem to like her."

"Great for you!" I almost woke Meredith up.

"I'm thinking of bringing her to the promotional tour of our film."

There you have it, the stake right through Merediths heart. She'd be.. disappointed to see she had been replaced with someone like Ella. Not to be mean or something, but Ella is a special type of person. I'd say alternative.

I took a deep breathe, "Whatever Jack. Do what you please, but I won't be there to clean up your shit after you."

"We'll see about that." He smirked and then stood up and walked away.

I love my brother thoroughly but he has a mind of his own and that can be.. sassy from time to time.

But after all, as long as I'm with Meredith. I feel like I can take over the world.. not literal of course.