THE BABY MILL [[19]] TWINS

Start from the beginning

            “Move aside,” Dr. Park hissed all of a sudden.

            Each worker sped out of the way, eager to escape the wrath of the doctor and the damage he could inflict with his tentacles. The only employee that remained nearby was the woman who didn’t dare budge in fear that the movement would show the doctor a lack of dedication to the special patient.

            A foreign pair of fingers was shoved into Onew’s opening, this one not even protected by gloves. He couldn’t help but cringe immensely from the brash movement. The fingers dug deep into him, groping at areas that burned and bawled from the brutality abusing them. What perplexed Onew the most was how it was hurting more than the usual throbbing that accompanied the routine exams?

            A nail scraped down the length of the moist wall, drawing a high pitched gargle from Onew. He was spared a quick glance from the doctor where he saw his face momentarily cloud over before the whole procedure was resumed. Alas, the cutting nails stopped clawing at him and Dr. Park extracted his fingers to study his findings. A gelatin like substance tinged with an opaque yellow-white colour gripped at his fingers and excreted a musty odour that appeared to hold the answers to all the gibberish the workers had been speaking.

            “Why did no one find this earlier?!” A tremor accompanied the doctor’s voice. The closer he reached the end of his sentences the higher his voice pitched and the louder it grew. As a grand finale he launched his clipboard at one of his employees so that it nailed him in the dead center of his chest.

            Many of the workers commenced apologizing immediately, demonstrating how profound their guilt was. Onew’s observations told him that they were doing nothing for the doctor’s anger (and he should know as he had had to combat it more than once). Predictably, Dr. Park waved off the employees and screamed at them to prepare the treatments.

            But for what?

            Onew didn’t understand how he could be the eye of the storm and not even know how he’d caused it.

            “Get the IV! I want him in the medical now! I need full scan reports before the clinic outside closes! Get moving!”

            Mayhem spread throughout each individual as they scurried about, frantically trying to complete the doctor’s requests. Even with all the chaos happening around him, Onew’s mind stayed focused on the words that he’d heard uttered out of the person that had once brought him chicken noodle soup and soda crackers when he fell ill…

            The clinic…

            He’d nearly forgotten about that place… Where normality reigned supreme above the mad experiments here. The institution had the evil space behind the closed doors, but the clinic had the institution in its closet. So many intimate moments had been spent in the clinic… Onew let his thoughts drift back to all of them, recalling the one day he’d spent in there where he had acknowledged it as his second home since he and the doctor had spent almost all their time away from home in the clinic.

            Once he’d travelled here to share some very important and exciting news with the doctor. Of course, his bad timing had made it so that Dr. Park was with a client at the time so he’d been stuck waiting in the lounge for some odd hours, but it’d been worth it to see the look on his face when he’d shared his tidbit of news. What a fantastic day that had been…

            The whole day had been spent at the clinic… Onew trailing after Dr. Park like a dedicated puppy while he worked and just as faithfully he’d waited with patience while the doctor devoted himself to his patients. And afterwards the bliss had continued with sandwiches eaten at the park where they’d finished their night… Perfect.