39

"Lauren, hi!" The first thing I heard after got out of my car. 

"Barbs, hi." Yeah that's what I call her. I don't know what others call her but Barbs would do for me. Should I call her Barbie? She looks like one though. But, let's go with Barbs. 

She hugged me and I hugged her back. Damn. She smelled so good.  She has no flaws. Literally. 

"Let's go inside. My friends are in there already." Zayn texted me that he and Harry arrived five minutes ago. 

We walked together and there was a lot of people in the restaurant. I was having a hard time to find them.

Then I saw two young men at the corner of the restaurant. It was a booth. I walked in front of Barbara and lead the way since she never met Zayn and Harry before. 

So I slide and sat next to Zayn. Or so I thought.

Since Harry got a new haircut and the booth was a little dark, as I was walking I thought it was Zayn's back that was facing me. 

I can't see 'Harry's' face since he was playing with his phone in his lap. 

But I ended up sitting next to Harry and Barbara sitting next to Zayn. I was okay at first with it. 

I mean I'm not a crazy over possessive girl. We're not even dating. But then,

"OMG! Zayn?! Is that you?"

I was about to greet him but I stopped. I looked at Zayn and he looked back at me for a few seconds before he looked back at Barbara. 

I quickly looked at Harry and raised my brows. He shook his head. 

"Oh my God Zayn! We met again!" She hugged him. Like literally threw her arms around his neck and it was more than 30 seconds hug.

"Umm, you guys have met before?" I asked quickly.

"Yeah! I met him in a club and he asked for my number but I never received any text or call from him.  I was waiting for at least a week though. Before I decided that he wasn't interested in me or something happen. But look, I met him again! What a coincidence. Don't you think Lauren?!"

Oh. 

"Yeah, what a coincidence. But you guys can catch up now and properly exchange phone number.  Just make sure you guys got the right number."

I tried to fake my enthusiast. I was low-key scared that Zayn will start to get distant from me since he met the original Barbara. The one he wanted to get to know first time. Not me.

We ordered and I tried to smile every time Barbara said something. Zayn and her has been having small talk like 'how are you' 'what's up' and all that. 

"Hey, you good?" Harry whispered in my ear. I looked at him and nodded. I'm glad he's here. Or else I'd be a third wheel. 

"So, why didn't you text me, Zayn? "

"I did but I got-"

"He wanted to. But he lost your number. Our friend's little brother was playing with his phone and accidentally deleted all of his contact numbers." Harry cut him off.

Zayn was about to say something but fortunately our foods came and I looked at Harry and mouthed a 'thank you'.

I mean it'd be so awkward if Barbara knows that her new friend, me, has been texting to the guy she's been waiting to text her.

"Really? Awe, don't worry. We're here now. Here let me add my phone number." Zayn gave her his phone and they exchanged their phone number. 

They were talking and laughing the whole time. It was like me and Harry was invisible. 

And she would laughed every five seconds. OK maybe he was funny at some point but what's up with the need to hold his arm or bicep everytime she laughed. 

I like her. I really do. But this is MY Zayn.

But she doesn't know that. And I guess this is how it was supposed to be. He wasn't supposed to text me at the first place. 

Stupid three and six. How the fuck he got confused I don't even know.
But he said it was very loud in there so OK. Whatever.

What hurts the most was that he hasn't said a word to me. Can you believe it?

Through the whole night I talked to Harry and he told me about Ezra and their friend, Louis when I asked about him.

He said that Louis is a kid at heart even though he's older than Zayn and him. He's a business man. I was shocked because how did they met? I mean, Zayn is an artist and Harry is a model. They  can be considered as in the same world. 

But business? 

Maybe I was wrong.

But Harry said they met when they were teenagers. So that makes sense. 

"Oh my God, it's pretty late and I have photoshoot tomorrow. Early in the morning. So guys, I gotta go. It has been wonderful. Thank you so much babe for inviting me.
Harry, nice to meet you again. And Zayn, text me yeah? Maybe we can go out and have a coffee or something."

Late? It's 10pm but ok.

"Sure, Barbs." Fuck. Already?! A nickname already?

They hugged and she hugged me and I told her I'll text her later.

"Hi, Lolo"

------
keep dropping inline comments I love them so much???