The Fifteenth Secret - His Reasons

An update

An update. Yaay, comment your gratitude 😂. Jokes, man.

° ° °

“Bad Girls Have Bad Secrets.”

The Fifteenth Secret —
His Reasons

I need to be tutored by Lance.
If my father asks,
I'm with you.

Sent.

Within seconds, Shane's reply popped up

- you sure it's
only tutoring?

I rolled my eyes and typed: shut up.

To which he responded with: Have fun, doll.

I heard footsteps before the door opened in front of me, "Hello."

I stilled at the sound of Logan's voice, looking up while I shoved my phone into my jacket pocket and stepping into his house when he held open the door. The house was quiet, save for the sound of a door being opened somewhere, and then Logan's footsteps up the wooden stairs. I followed him to his room, where he gestured for me to sit down on a chair aside his desk. 

I dumped my backpack on the floor, zipping it open to pull out my books. He sat aside me, taking it from me before he began to tug on the corner of his lip nervously. After a moment of silence, he spoke, "We'll focus on math for a while. I don't want to do both subjects at once and confuse you— wait, are you hungry?"

"No."

"Oh, what's that? You're starving?"

I bit down on my lip to suppress a smile, "Shut up."

He grinned, "Mum's cooking, but would you like some cupcakes? It's not nice to work when you're hungry, you can't really take everything in."

"I'm fine," I responded, frowning.

He stood, "They're chocolate. Irresistible. I'll be back in a minute." And he was, quick as could be, he returned with cupcakes and placed it aside me. Then began an hour long process of tutoring, and by the end of it, my brain hurt, but I was beginning to understand what he'd been teaching me.

I laid my forehead against the edge of his desk, sighing quietly as I watched him jot something down in blue ink, his left hand moving across the page quietly, while the other reached up to scratch his temple, covering his face from me.

"I'm tired now."

He laid down the pen and handed me my third cupcake, reassuring me, "Cake helps."

I took it and greedily bit in, "It's so nice."

"Of course, I made it."

I turned to him, stunned, "Really?"