The Tenth Secret - Some Are Trustworthy

Picture of Stephan above.

Also, what do you guys think of the new cover? It was made by the amazing yoitsJessy

Anyhoooo.

"Bad Girls Have Bad Secrets."

The Tenth Secret - Some Are Trustworthy.

"I'll take it from here."

Silence settled among us. An unspeaking silence in which glances were exchanged, yet nobody moved an inch. Mason moved closer to the car, stepping carefully, his eyes narrowed the slightest bit, "I said," he raised his voice, "I'll take it from here."

"Conrad said—"

"I know what Conrad said," Mason stated. "And like I said, I'll take care of it. Now hand her over."

The man to my left opened his door and stepped out, he grasped my waist roughly, his fingers digging into my stomach and back as he yanked me out of the car, before dropping me to my feet. I stumbled, but caught myself. Angered, I managed to scratch the dark coloured skin of his arm before I ran.

He made a grab for me, but I was fast to dodge him. I got five feet away before Mason seized me, his hand grasping my forearm as he pulled me to a stop. When I didn't stop struggling, he pulled me closer, his grip tightening on my injured arm, "Stay still," he hissed, before his eyes flickered to the men once more. I struggled to calm my breathing, my gaze fixed on his hand grasping me. 

"I'll get her to Conrad. You've done well. Leave."

They seemed hesitant to move, each man staring at Mason. It was easy to guess Mason was respected- or rather, feared- just not as much as they seemed to fear my father.

"Leave," Mason growled, his gaze cold as ice. That was all it took for them to get moving, the car started up once more, and the third man got inside. They sped away, and the second they did, I threw a punch at Mason's face with my opposite fist.

He caught my fist with his large hand, his gaze narrowed as he eyed my fist, "You'll break something if you punch like that."

"Let go of me!" I hissed, trying desperately to shove him away from me. When I tried to kick him between the legs, he caught my knee and pushed it back, his hand still holding me. Feeling trapped, I gasped for breath as I tried to prevent a panic attack.

"I'll let go of you," he spoke slowly, brown eyes on mine, "If you stay still. I'm not going to hurt you."

I nodded.

He let go of me.

I scrambled away.

I wasn't faster than Mason. Within seconds, he had caught me. "Listen to me, Victoria!" He bellowed, causing me to take a step back, "If you run, they'll catch you, they'll take you back to Conrad — if that's what you want, then keep running, but he has eyes everywhere."

"What?" I was confused beyond words. "That's exactly what you're going to do!"

He turned me fully around to face him, "No, I'm not taking you back to him," he paused, "I lied to them. I would never, but I can keep you safe."

My mouth had gone dry. What the fuck?

"You work for him, you're all afraid of him. Why would you help me?" The wind was blowing wildly, whipping my hair into my face, frustrating me.

"I'm not afraid of your father," he said, flaring his nostrils, "I'd help you because I know you don't want to go back to a place where you were abused."