Chapter 24-

Samantha walked into the school with her best friend, MJ, by her side.

"Congratulations," Samantha said, giving the girl a side hug after learning about her captain position.

"Thanks, Sammy. So, you and Peter made up?" Michelle asked, smirking at the girl.

"Yeah, yeah. We're friends."

"Friends?" Michelle asked, raising her eyebrow at the girl.

"Yes, just friends," she laughed, pushing the girl with her shoulder.

"If you say so," Michelle laughed.

The girls continued there conversation, reaching the school and going to their lockers to prepare for their first class.

Suddenly, a body leaned against the lockers next to Samantha's locker.

"Hey, Sammy," Peter said grinning at her.

"Hey, Pete," Samantha said back before grabbing her notebook out of her locker.

"You ready to go to class?" Ned asked from behind Peter.

"I'm waiting on MJ. She should be here any second," Samantha said, closing her locker and leaning against it.

Peter nodded his head, adjusting his bag on his shoulder. 

"Hey," MJ said smiling at the group. "Everyone ready?" 

When everyone nodded and started walking to class in a line. 

Samantha laughed to herself as she realized that they looked like they hopped straight out of a teen drama. 

Samantha looped arms with Michelle having the worlds brightest smile on her face. She had everything she needed right with her. Her free hand made its way up to touch her necklace, wishing that she could come home to her uncle, but knowing that it wasn't realistic. 

Peter noticed the expression on the girls face and pushed her with his shoulder. She looked over at him and shook her head of the thoughts smiling at him before joining into the conversation between Ned and Michelle. 

---

Samantha was closing her locker after grabbing everything she needed for the night. She started walking out of the school when a hand grabbed her wrist and spun her around to face Peter. 

"Hey, what's up?" she asked before pushing her hair behind her ear. 

"Did you want to walk home together?" Peter asked staring at the girl with a light pink apparent on his cheeks.

"Oh, sure!" Samantha said sniling at the boy, before moving her wrist in his hand, so instead their hands were held together.

Pulling him through the crowd, they reached the front of the school relatively quickly considering the crowded halls. Samantha felt nervous as she noticed she still held Peter's hand when there was no need to.

Her hand left Peter's to run through her hair quickly.

With a nod towards the street, the two silently began their walk home both pondering what had occured moments before.

Peter finally shared what had happened when his suit was returned the night before.

"May knows?" Samantha asked shocked.

"Yeah, we haven't really talked about it. She was really overwhelmed and kinda just walked into her room when I tried to explain."

"Oh, my gosh. Peter, what if she tries to stop you?"