Chapter 13-

"Hey, it's Peter." 

"Guys," Peter said jogging up to the bus. 

"Peter?" Liz Allan asked. 

"Yeah, I was hoping, maybe, I could rejoin the team." 

"No, no way. You can't just quit on us stroll up and be welcomed back by everyone," Flash said, approaching Peter. 

"Hey, welcome back, Peter! Flash, you're back to first alternate," Mr. Harringtin said, stepping off the bus. 

"What?" 

"He's taking your place," Abraham yelled from behind Ned. 

"Excuse me, can we go already? I was hoping to get in some light protesting in front of one of the embassies before dinner," Michelle said. Right behind her, was her best friend Samantha, who flashed Peter a warm smile before looking back at Michelle. 

"Protesting is patriotic. Let's get on the bus." 

Flash threw the jacket in Peter's arms. 

--- 

"Focus up, everyone. Our next topic is the moons of Saturn," said Liz. 

"The second law of thermodynamics." 

 "Frank Sinatra." 

"Fort Sumter." 

"Flash is wrong."

"Okay guys, let's focus. Next one," Liz said. 

"Liz, don't overwork them." 

"Uh, strontium, barium, vibranium." Peter answered

"Very good, Peter. Glad to have you back." Liz smiled at him.

"Glad to be back." 

Samantha scoffed and turned to Michelle who was sitting next to her, zoning out from the rest of the bus ride. "Very good, Peter. Glad to have you back. Glad to be back," she mocked the conversation loud enough so only Michelle heard. 

"Careful, Sammy. You're turning green," Michelle whispered with a smirk. 

"I am not. She just leads him on. Everyone knows he is in love with her, so can she stop already. Either date him or put an end to the flirting for the love of God."

Michelle rolled her eyes at her friend and stopped replying. 

---

They entered the hotel they were staying at for the decathlon. 

"Hey, you brought your laptop, right?" Peter asked, while standing in between Ned and Samantha. 

"Why?" 

The girl followed the boys to their room after they left as to make it less obvious. She knocked on the door and looked behind her, but as she turned to check over her shoulder, someone grabbed her forearm and dragged her into the room. 

She turned to face Peter, her hands falling on his chest and their heads almost touching. 

"Peter," she breathed out breathlessly. 

Peter didn't respond, he simply moved closer to the girl until the bathroom door opened and they both stepped away from each other before Ned looked up at them. 

Peter connected his suit to Ned's laptop. Samantha stood beside peter who was kneeling on the ground touching his suit with tweezers, while she held a flashlight for him. 

Ned sat on the bed, reading the suit files that appeared on his laptop. 

"Peter, why are we removing the tracker from your suit?" Ned asked.