Chapter 9 ~ The Crown Prince of Northfay

Start from the beginning

         The man shielded his eyes, “This trickery will be the death of us all! Come Princess,” he got a firm hold on Panther Lily and pulled her out of the small shop.

         “A flashlight you say? Amazing,” the Wizard looked over the light coming from the bulb. “You must tell me more about the world before and the things I have here.”

         I shove the light in his open hands, “Another time Gramps.” I dashed out of the shop out into the street in search of Panther Lily and the man, but they were nowhere to be seen. They must have had a wagon or something to get away so fast.

         “I guess I’m gonna t’ get a tour of the kingdom whether Panther Lily is with me or not.” I’m sure she isn’t in any danger, he seemed to care about her well being. I wandered about the third ring of the kingdom for a while. Just watching the people and how they lived. It wasn’t any different from my time, children playing in the streets, their mother calling them in to eat, and them asking for a few more minutes.

         On my way to the main road that would lead back to the palace, a rust colored ball was kicked my way. It was about the size of a soccer ball, I picked it up.

         A boy came up running to me. “Can we have our ball back?” the kid asked bowing.

         “Sure, what game are ya playin’?” I asked as I tossed the ball to him.

         He gave me a sour look. “We’re not playing! We are training to be Bojan warriors,” he said as if I had just insulted him and the others.

         “What’s this training called?”

         “Treinamento,” the boy said proudly with his chest out.

          “I’ve pla-done this…training where I come from. Could I train with you? Yesterday I trained with the Jabari warriors…”

         “Lair!” the boy yelled cutting me off.

         “The Jabari Warriors are the greatest warriors in Eloi! Not even the greatest Bojan warrior is allowed to train with them,” another kid chimed in.

        “I’ll prove it. In treinamento the point is to get the ball in the net right?” they all nodded their heads. “Okay then, against all of you I can get the ball into the goal ten times to prove that I train with the Jabari Warriors,” I held up ten fingers.

       “You will be proven a liar,” one of the boys said and the other agreed. I know its a long shot saying that I can score on them ten times without even knowing their level, but it would be fun either way.

        They got into position and the game began. I let them score the first few goals just to get a feel for how they play and once I had them figured out I was out for blood. I played center forward, a position that requires a person to be aggressive, brave and be able to maintain your focus. The kids had already gotten cocky from the goals they had scored on me and didn’t see it coming.

         After my seventh goal I took off my sweat drenched shirt. “Seven, three,” I said with a smirk. I was always most confident on the field, but I couldn’t help but notice thelittle crowd that started to gather. The people stared at me like they had never seen white skin unless it was on an albino. I could understand that though, everyone here had tanned skin or darker. The end of the technological world forced the different races to become one and I am the savior only because it is genetically impossible for someone to look like me.

         “Alex, you run fast. Where did you learn to do the training so well?” someone with a head scarf asked. Islipped my shirt back on.

        “Lily?” she nodded. “Where I come from soccer is a sport for fun, not battle training,” I explained.

       “Sport?”

       “Like competition to see which team is better.”

       “So, like a battle?”

       I give, it’s just too hard to explain something when we use different words for things. “Yeah, I guess. Who was that guy earlier?” I asked changing the subject.

       “That guy? He is the Crown Prince of Northfay, Prince Jellal,” Panther Lily said.

       “Why was he acting like that? He couldn’t really have been that afraid of that stuff.” I know that robots are the reason for the future being this way, but that stuff didn’t even move.

       “It’s not really that…he doesn’t want his future Queen to get in trouble,” she said with a laugh.

       “His?”

       “When my mother steps down and I receive the crown, Prince Jellal will be my King.”

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

October~ We had a hard time coming up with what the Bojan training word be called. So if your wondering if it is a real word or not, it is. Treinamento is Training in Portuguese. You just learned something new :D Ohh new character, Prince Jellal!We are also still looking for actors for all the characters, so your suggestions would be very much appreciated.

SugarMonsta-For those of you who watch Bleach, the shop “the Silver Dragonfly” might sound familiar (Youtube video). And for those Fairy Tale watchers the name Jellal should ring a bell. Wizard Pendragon from Howl’s Moving Castle. October and I both watch a lot of anime, although our characters have nothing to do with the ones they are named after.

Comment! Vote! Share! Read!