Chapter 106: Bath Time? and Lecture

Start from the beginning

So, in her Status, she finally had something other than (None). She was quite happy about that, having checked it while using my [Appraisal] Skill.

Well, after wandering for so long and never coming to an end, finding a place for yourself can feel like the best thing in the world.

After it just popped up in her Status one day, she used telepathy to scream in my mind like a little girl and exclaimed that I was the "...best master I've ever had!" She for some reason started becoming peppier, more like a big sister to the kids, and started sticking with them more when the king didn't need her. They all grew to love her somehow, she updated me while I was getting a beatdown from Fang, and now she was just instated as their babysitter. She got along really well with their caretakers, to the point of it being scary to me how easily she wove her way in there.

Basically, what I'm saying is that everyone likes her.

It's scary.

"My king, did I not tell you to let no one know I'm here?" I strode right in without knocking.

He looked up from the children crowded at his desk, blinking as he at first saw the long black cotton thing and then my head sticking out of it.

"Is that a bathrobe?"

"Yes, because, as you all know, I was in the bath." I was frowning. They aren't supposed to like it when I'm frowning.

Instantly, the king's eyes sharpened on seeing my frown and he rose to defend his honor.

"I didn't tell them anything. It was Kiki."

"Yeah, right. The only person here with detection abilities would lead innocent children into an occupied bath."

Now that I think about it...

Kiki's eyes were downcast, showing that she was depressed.

"Kiki...it couldn't be that you..."

My Kiki? Impossible!

"I was very excited to see Master..."

I raised one hand onto my face and held it there, waiting a few moments.

"You know what, I suddenly remembered I have somewhere to be. Kiki, thank you for your hard work until now, your vacation is coming soon. I came here for what I wanted, so now it is time to go. Goodbye," I turned around and my Knight outfit came on again in an instant, heading for the door.

I didn't even bother to pay attention to the fact that it was the winter solstice, and none of them were out celebrating.

"Wait!" Andrew tried to follow.

Nope. I'm not going down that path.

I opened up a portal and stepped through it immediately, not caring.

"Wai-AHHHH-"

The portal closed.

I was in Larjulias again, the capital. I was in some random alleyway and about to change into Firea until I heard a groan behind me.

I jumped out of my skin for a second there, whipping around to see who was behind me.

"Andrew..." My voice was a low growl. "What are you doing here?"

"Knight?" He groaned while lying on the ground, having crashed there. "Where are we?"

"Nowhere. I'm sending you back," I reached down and picked him up by his collar, looking him in his dazed eyes. I could already feel that someone had detected my presence as Firea since I just popped up, and was speeding towards us.