Chapter 19: Hope, Trust & Hate

Welp, here's the next chapter for you, people! Sorry for the long wait. Got loads of stuff to do and I can't focus on so many things >.<. Also, plans for the future of this fanfiction are all ready now, so no worries! :)

Also, thank you guys for 3k reads! It means a great deal for my first fanfic! :D

Read the disclaimer, or be destroyed! >:)

I do not, in any way, own For Honor or it's setting. If I did, I would have mixed it with the Romance of the Three Kingdoms novel :v

++++++++++++++++++++

"Sometimes, it only takes an effortless show of voice to defeat a beast."

          - ArcanePanzer

- (Y/n)'s POV -

Davius: "... We also found this caches with flasks of volatile solutions. Turns out that those flasks were the things they use to burn down their targets, particularly flammable fortifications."

You: "So that's how they could burn through our territory so fast. They just throw this liquids and, boom. Heh, we should've known better."

We were just leaving the area where the hidden prison is located. Apparently, some more of our men discovered more secrets the Vikings kept in here, more specifically the flasks of flammable liquid or 'fire bombs', as some of our boys would refer to them.

You: "That's interesting. We could use those to easily take down wooden fortifications much faster, although the cold air of this wasteland would certainly mitigate these effects."

Davius: "Yes, these are clearly designed to be used in Ashfeld AND against us, maybe against the Samurai as well." He says as he inspects a sample of the flasks.

You: "Well, we have nothing to lose if these doesn't work. After all, these aren't ours." I say to him with a laugh.

Davius: "The good thing is that, we also found recipes on how to craft these smart things. Most of the ingredients are actually easy to find back home. If anything, we could produce these fire bombs for ourselves."

You: "That's very good to hear. We'll keep it just within the Lightshield for now. No other Blackstone must know of this, alright?" I say to him. Which reminds me of that Salavander who apparently tried to force his way through my men. "Oh, and especially Salavander and the so-called Golden Eye Brigade."

Davius: "Of course. No one of those arses would get through for these information, especially as long as Hirtzel is around." He assures to me. I nod to him and we start to walk our paths.

You: "One more thing: the 274th Phalanx members would need evaluation so they can enter the Lightshield. I want you to oversee that, and take Meneth to help you with that, also Cross if possible."

Davius: "Got it. I'll get to it as soon as I can."

- Amber's POV -

I stood on top of one of the watchtowers on the Northern side of the fort, facing towards our next objective, presumably. There was nothing to do down with the rest of our men, other than watch the executions which ended about three hours ago, thankfully.

I take off my helmet along with the mail coif, exposing my braided hair to the cold air of Valkenheim. It was hard to think that we are executing defenceless Vikings. Sure, they are our enemy for who knows how long, but it just doesn't agree with my conscience.