Chapter 23: A Revelation

Welp, here we go again with another chapter! The name (Argen) will stay until the end of the fanfic[;)] unless I decide against it. Also, hope you all like the new Side Stories, although it's still kinda incomplete, but will be completed in the future chapters.

On the other side of For Honor, I like how they added the campaign characters as killable bosses in the multiplayer side aka."The Age of Wolves" (e.g. Gudmundr, Ranja, and even Apollyon!) Anyways, enjoy the new chapter! :P

Also, shout out to ArtificialGopnik for their support and the ridiculously short amount of time (almost instant) to comment whenever a new chapter is posted XD

U want som discloimurs?:

I do not, in any way, own For Honor or any media used in the fanfic. If I did, you would see a different disclaimer here :v

++++++++++++++++++++

"The beginning of love is to let those we love be perfectly themselves, and not to twist them to our own image. Otherwise, we love only the reflection of ourselves we find in them."

          - Thomas Merton

- Amber's POV -

(Argen): "... So what you're saying is that I get the Cohort in a position dangerously close to Svengard, and attack once the gate has been breached, correct?"

Me: "Yes. By then, their defenses would be focused at the front. Once the gate has been breached, you can scale the walls or enter through a back entrance if there's any."

We are talking about plans for the upcoming battle soon as we walk further down a snowy path barely illuminated by Valkenheim's moon and the colourful lights that littered in the sky.

I was thinking of putting the (Argen)'s elite troops near the fortifications of Svengard, but hidden until our main force made contact with the walls, a 'shock and awe' maneuver.

(Argen): "A shock and awe manoeuvre, I see."

... We had the same thought.

Me: "Yes. It would create disarray and confusion among the defenders and will give us a greater edge, thus a victory. Then we can go home..." I say to him as turn to look towards him as we walk, though I may be asking for a lot since the men in question are not really under my command. "If it's too much for your men, then we can think of something else."

(Argen): "Too much? For the Lightshields? Hah! As if!" He exclaims proudly. "The Lightshield Cohort are made up of elites and veterans who had seen too much action to fear anything. I'd say that's an interesting plan you have there. We never really tried it before, so it might be a new experience for my boys. Buuuut, I think I have my own way to do this plan of yours." He continues as he puts his hands behind his head.

Me: "That's a relief then."

Something suddenly got me thinking. Why am I doing this? Why am I planning with (Argen) to spell the destruction of a nation? More importantly, why are we here?

...

Why do we fight?

???: "Amber, are you alright?" Someone says to me, only to turn out to be (Argen). How did I not recognize him for a second there?

Me: "H-huh? What do you mean?" I ask him confusedly. 

(Argen): "Well, you may or may not had zoned out for a while there." A while? What? "Let me guess; it's about our purpose here?"