Ceremony Savior

*The Song of the Chapter is at the bottom. I was listening to this song while I was writing this chapter, and the words just seemed to flow easily, so that's the song of the chapter!* Now, on to the show!!! ^.^

Xander's p.o.v.

    After Starlet and I had both taken showers and dressed nice, we headed to Aqua Grill. I'd already made reservations a week ago because I knew Starlet needed to get away from it all and relax.

"This place is beautiful," Starlet sighed as we walked into the building.

   When we'd gotten our table and ordered our food, Starlet excused herself.

"I need some air. I'll be right back," she said, standing and walking out of the building. About a minute after she'd left, I felt a knot of anxiety in my stomach.

   I walked outside curiously to see Starlet leaning against the guardrail, her head in her hands. I walked over to her and gently removed her hands. She looked up at me, and her eyes held worry.

"I'm not ready to lead a pack, Alex," she whispered quietly, "I didn't know this would happen. I-I just thought that I would be third-in-command to the new Luna. But to figure out I'm going to be the new Luna is....insane."

"I'm nervous, too. But I know we can do it. As long as I have you with me, we can take on the world," I said to her softly. She gave me a wavering smile and got up on her tiptoes to give me a quick kiss.

   What was supposed to be quick turned heated, and when we pulled away, we were both gasping for breath. Her eyes twinkled, and she giggled when she saw a little kid staring at us.

"I thought the urge to screw you would die down by now," she breathed, to my complete suprise. Her eyes grew wide and she clapped her hand over her mouth.

"Did I really just say that out loud?" She mumbled through her hand.

"Yes," I said slowly, "we sould probably go back inside before I take you right here and now."

    She gulped before grabbing my hand and tugging me back inside.

*

*

*

We mostly talked about random things while we ate. On our way back, Starlet told me to stop at the edge of a forest.

"This is pretty close to our borders," I said nervously.

"No it's not. Come on, it's not that far. Plus, I don't wanna go back to the pack house just yet. There's too much hysteria, not to mention what my mother and father are going to say," she said as she stepped out of the car. I followed her, and she roamed through the forest.

"You're not as tough as you make everyone think you are," I said, thinking out loud as I watched her climb a tree. She stopped humming and looked down at me.

"What do you mean?" she asked.

"I mean, you have people shaking when you walk past them. You're not that scary though. You have a soft side," I said.

    Starlet sighed and dropped out of the tree. I looked up, and the sun was already setting. I'd be Alpha in less than twenty-four hours.

"Sometimes, I wonder. Why am I this?" She asked suddenly.

"What?" I asked.

"Why am I like this? I've never been normal, and now I never will be. It's like, I thought I was, and then the night of the Masquerade Ball, it all changed. My life started spiralling out of control. I figured out you were my mate, I denied it, my savior got kidnapped, I figured out I had demon's blood inside of me, I yelled at the Supreme Luna, and I'm going to become Luna tomorrow. All of that in one summer," She said, resting her head on the tree behind her.