The Date

Xander's p.o.v.

I'd decided to take Starlet out the next weekend. The days dragged by, every second seeming like a minute. Finally, it was Friday, and I was super nervous.

   Trevor and Leilah had went to see a movie, and Jackson and Max had went to have a rematch basketball game, Danielle tagging along to be the referee.

        Once I had gotten dressed in a pair of old jeans, a t-shirt, and some old converse, I went and knocked gently on Starlet's door. When she opened the door, I was once again struck by how beautiful she was.

        I told her to dress in something she wouldn't mind getting dirty, and I guess she decided on a worn pair of jeans and a faded Batman t-shirt along with a pair of hiking boots. Even dressed-down, she was perfect.

"Where are we going?" was the first question she asked me.

"Now where would the fun be in telling you where we're going?" I asked, walking downstairs with Starlet beside me.

"Ugh, that's so cheesy," Starlet groaned, although she was smiling.

"Fine, I'll tell you,"  I said.

"Really?" Starlet asked.

"Nope," I said, smiling as she hit me playfully in the shoulder.

"You're such a tease!" She said through a laugh.

 *

 *

"Mud sliding!" Starlet shouted as I pulled up at the top of the hill. There'd recently been a mudslide here, and some locals apparently turned it into a ride.

"Uh yea," I said awkwardly, afraid she wouldn't like it.

'Of course I like it!' Starlet's thought ran through my mind and I looked over at her.

"If you don't put your guard up," she said with a giggle, "I can hear everything you're thinking."

        Without another word, Starlet threw herself over the edge of the hill. I ran after her, jumping and sliding down the mud hill. I met her at the bottom, and we were both completely covered in mud. Call it gross, but it was actually really fun.

"I love this!" Starlet laughed.

 *

        We slid for about an hour before we decided to head back.

"We can use the showers to, you know, rinse off the mud," I said awkwardly. Set up near the mud slide were those showers that you find at the beach to rinse off sand.

"Alright, let's go," Starlet said, grabbing my hand and pulling me towards the showers. She pulled us both under one shower and turned the water on.

"Well this was fun," Starlet said as she rinsed the mud out of her hair and clothes. I just nodded and watched as she rinsed as much mud as she could. Let's just say, Starlet + wet clothes = a horny Xander.

   Once we had rinsed off, I got Starlet a blanket from my trunk so she wouldn't get cold. I could barely keep my eyes on the road because I kept glancing over at Starlet, who was snuggled in the blanket. I finally had my dream girl.

"I'm gonna go take a shower," Starlet announced as we entered the house. She hopped up the stairs, and I followed, going into my room to take a shower.

   When I got back downstairs, Starlet was on the couch in a blanket.

"Let's build a fort," I said out of the blue.