Coming of Age Party

Xander's p.o.v. (just to clarify, most of the story will be in his point of view, but I'll switch it up every now and then)

"Why do I have to train her?" I asked.

     My mother was making me train some stupid girl because her parents were 'worried about her safety.' Jeez, if she can't fight, then why is she even in my pack. Yes, I said my. As soon as my father retired, the old man would have to give the pack to me.

'If he gives it to you. You don't even have a mate anymore,' my wolf snarled at me. He had been extremely pissed ever since yesterday.

"Because she's been arriving at the pack house with unbelievable bruises and cuts, and she's continued to make the excuse that she fell. She's obviously lying because she's a very well balanced person, but we don't know what could be going on.

    She's a remarkable fighter, but her mother and I are worried. All you have to do is teach her self-defence. It's only for an hour a day, then you have to get ready for your coming of age party," My mother said, changing the subject.

"Fine," I huffed, walking back to my room.

     I changed into some shorts and a t-shirt and stomped downstairs to the training room, making sure everyone could hear I wasn't pleased.

"Keep your focus on your opponent and never get distracted," I heard Trevor saying to who I guess was the girl I had to train.

"Oh, Trev," I heard Leilah say seductively.

    Leilah was only ever in there when she was training or when Starlet was training, and Leilah is excellent when it comes to self-defense. I walked in and saw Trevor look over at Leilah.

     Starlet took a running leap towards her brother and made him fall to the ground, pinning both of his arms above his head.

"Always keep your focus on your opponent, Trev," Starlet said with a small laugh, using his own words against him.

    I watched in awe as Starlet got up off Trevor, and Trevor hopped back onto his feet.

     I gulped as I took in Starlet's choice of attire. She was in black shorts and a blue sports bra along with a pair of blue and black Converse. I've seen a lot of girls, but damn.

"Time for your self-defence lessons, Star," Trevor said hesitantly.

"Okaaaay, I have no idea what the hell you're talking about, but bring it on," Starlet said, determined. I love that.

"Um, I'm not your teacher?" Trevor said as if it were a question.

"Well who is?" Starlet asked, a look of confusion crossing her face.

"Xander. Look, I know you don't like him, but he's my best friend. He won't hurt you. Love you, bye!" Trevor said quickly, grabbing Leilah's hand and rushing out of the room before Starlet could respond.

"Hi, Starlet," I said quietly, watching in pain as her eyes projected the horror she probably felt.

"U-um, h-hello, Xander," She stuttered. Her stuttering is cute, but not when it's out of fear of me.

"Can we talk?" I asked, trying to avoid looking at her body. I'm going to have to take a cold shower before my party.

"Aren't we supposed to be training?" She asked lowly.

"Yeah, but Starlet-"

"Please don't," She whispered, "I think I need to go for a run. We can train some other time, just, not now, please."