Starlet's Birthday

Xander's p.o.v.

"Daddy!" I heard Starlet call from her room.

"Coming, Star!" Beta James shouted back, running into the house after asking Trevor and I to finish setting up.

    Everyone doesn't get a coming of age party. Only the alphas' and betas' children get separate parties. Everyone else is grouped with people who's birthdays are in the same month. Since Leilah is Trevor's mate, she already had a separate coming of age party a few months ago, although not many guys were invited. Courtesy of Trevor himself.

"She's such a daddy's girl," Trevor said with a smile, hooking up the karaoke machine to a TV we brought outside and sat on the deck.

       Starlet's party is the complete opposite from mine. Mine was a civil gathering, and Starlet's strangely resembled a club. Her father and mine had hooked up strobe lights on the roof and the backyard was lit with different colors. Instead of foods like pasta, steak and crème brulee; she had burgers, fries, hotdogs and a LOT of desserts.

   The doorbell rang and my mother rushed down the stairs to get the door. The smile I had on my face dropped as I saw at least ten guys being led into the backyard by mother.

"So you boys can just sit down. Starlet will be down momentarily," My mother said.

"Damn. This is different," One guy said as he walked into the backyard.

"Well, Starlet's a different kind of girl," My mother said with a light laugh.

     Thankfully, the next few guests were girls, and the people who were Starlet's age from the pack came downstairs and into the backyard. A few more people (mostly guys) arrived and Walter started the music. I swear, he's the dj for everything. The song 23 by Mike Will Made-It ft. Miley Cyrus, Wiz Khalifa, and Juicy J was blasting out of the speakers set up around the backyard. About a minute into the song, we heard singing coming from the kitchen.

"Put on my Jays and dance the whole night away.

I'm naughty by nature, like I'm hip-hop hooray.

With my hands in the sky, I wave 'em from side to side.

My feet on the floor, I'm bout to turn up now!" Starlet and Leilah sang loudly, exiting the doors into the backyard.

They started dancing, and I gulped as Starlet shook her hips. I must say, I like her outfit. She had on black and blue Jordan 23s, black leather skinny jeans, and a baby blue Hollister t-shirt. Her entire outfit hugged her body. She also had on a black leather jacket and her hair was down naturally, which my wolf and I really liked.

They continued to sing and dance as everyone stared at them in surprise. When the song was over, they burst into fits of laughter as they took in everyone's shocked expressions. I could only guess what she called her father about. Probably to help convince her mother to let her wear that.

"Well, here she is. The birthday girl, Starlet!" my mother said, trying to draw attention away from Starlet and Leilah's little performance.

Guys were already staring at her, and that made me extremely jealous.

"Karaoke time!" Starlet shouted over the music.

Walter turned down the music until it faded away. Starlet's mother came out of the house a few minutes later, looking not at all pleased. Trevor turned on the TV and handed Starlet the remote and a microphone. She ran up to the TV, grabbed a second mic and tossed it to Leilah.

"Troublemaker?" Starlet asked her best friend teasingly, joining her in the middle of the yard.

"Troublemaker," Leilah said, winking at Starlet.