Chapter 19

--Hello, a new chapter everyone I truly apologize for all of the waiting on my story I will do my best to update way, WAY more often. I won't bother you guys with my life stories anymore... I suspect you will grow tired of them soon, haha. I am working on other projects as of this moment. So I hope you all will be happy with my new works. Again, I apologize everyone.--

Chapter 19

I don't remember falling asleep. I don't remember leaving my mom's car. I woke up in the forest. I woke up dazed. I shot up from where I was laying, what the heck!? I looked around, I saw no one. Where...? Is this the wooded area Nate took me to?

I slowly stood up and began slowly wandering about. I found my self on the trail. The exact trail I heard my mom. My real mom, her old self. Her beautiful face. The trail Nate led me to that day...

I flinched slightly, remembering everything. I quickly turned on my heel and sprinted. I didn't want to hear it again, after a few seconds or running a sudden moan of agony came from not too far away. Slowing down and quietly making my way to the familiar voice.

I turned and saw no one, and the groans were becoming feint. Turning to the back of the bush I saw him. 

"N-Nate!?" I yelped slightly, seeing his teared clothes and ripped skin. The blood fresh, coming from his mouth. He smirked at me, too weak to talk. 

I... I have to do something! What...? What can I do? I don't have magic like this! I turned my head looking for something... Someone... I saw the trail... My thoughts wrapped around my scar.

I touched my cheek.

"I'm sorry if this hurts..." I whispered to him, "It's gonna be alright." 

I took him my the arms and pulled him onto the trail. Gosh he was heavy, I continued to pull, no matter how exhausted. I couldn't let him go. I-I don't even know what happened or how I got here!

Passing by bushes, trees, rocks. Everything was just blurring past me. I was focused on nothing but him as of this moment.

Glancing to the side I saw the opening, the opening to hope. Hope that it would work. I dragged him, my legs feeling like jello. 

Making eye-contact with the water my mouth dropped. 

"No," It started as a whisper, "No!" I shouted looking back at Nate's body. The water was no longer crystallized, no longer fresh. It was dark, and disgusting. I cringed while clenching my teeth. The pond was gone.

Completely, as if the sparkling, clear water never existed in the first place. I knelt down to his body, placing my hand on his cheek as it was becoming cold. 

He was going, and there was nothing I could do. I had my head on his chest, as I was sobbing. I sobbed and choked on my breath, tears falling rapidly onto Nate. Nathan... Mrs.Dakkor! Oh... Oh no... I cried loudly. 

I cried, until there were no tears left. My eyes dry; I rubbed them. Feeling drowsy. I was done, I just fell asleep. I fell asleep feeling the cold reality of death.

I fell into a deep abyss, I felt nothing. I couldn't, for I had already poured my emotions out for too long. The darkness corrupting my body, from the insides pressing out. My mind was blank.

I had nothing left.

Flashes of future happenings occurred in my mind. His funeral, the depression, Mrs. Dakkor, he was probably popular at school... I wonder if he has been ignoring his friends and social life to be with me.

Probably. 

I was born into the wrong place, at the wrong time. I was a mistake from the start, and I knew that. I knew I should have kept myself isolated, that was my first mistake. 

I felt like I was falling. No, not falling... Drowning.

                                                                ~  *^*  ~

My eyes fluttered open as I screamed, the cold water all over my body, causing my clothes to droop. Nate was there, with bags under his eyes, staring at me wide eyed.

"Emma... You're awake!" He whisper-yelled. 

"...You're alive...?" I tried to speak up, but my voice was quite and raspy. I quickly put a hand to my throat. Nate reached down to me, and hugged my soaking wet body.

"You're finally awake..." He said into my neck, causing me to blush intensely. Agh! Now isn't the time.

"How long... How long have I been out for?" I asked motioning to the tube injected into my stomach. He looked hesitant to answer.

"13 days..." He spoke honestly avoiding eye-contact with me. 13 days. I said nothing else that evening. I just scooted over in my bed, rolled on my side, and fell asleep. I managed slumber in a wet bed, wet clothing, and the feel of my Lovers eyes on me.

Days past, and I haven't  said a word. Nate comes in everyday telling me everything and just talking to me, even knowing I won't reply. He barely leaves my side.

I've hurt him enough by getting close to him. Though I feel like I'm hurting him even more by this. Conflicted feelings are rushing through me. I feel lost within myself. 

I barely move anymore. Only to get up everyday to wash myself. Nate still comes, still wants me to get better. One day,  I will talk again. Just not now, not for a while at least.

I'm still processing everything that has happened, and that weird dream. I feel like something is attracting me to the pond, you know? That dream meant something, and I have a feeling that, whatever it meant, or what it was trying to tell me, is down there.  I literally FEEL the importance.

You know... If that made any sense. Maybe not, my thoughts are all jumbled together at this point.

I brushed off my blankets knowing what I have to do next. I gently swung my legs to the side of the bed and hopped up. I walked to my closet, slowly and stumbling. Threw on some red leggings, a black tank top, and an oversized black hoody. Then slowly made my way over to the door.

I haven't left my room in weeks, I thought to myself as I stared at the door knob. It was pretty early in the morning, Nate should be asleep. 

I sucked in a breath and twisted the knob, pushing the door open silently. Creeping past his room and down the steps was the most difficult part. 

The house seemed different somehow, it was very quite. Which I suppose I was not used to before.

Coming up to the front door I placed my hand on the handle and pulled it. It squeaked, not too loudly thank goodness. I stepped into the outside world. Breathing in the refreshing air for once. I looked over at the forest. 

Time to go.