Chapter 18

--Hey guys, sorry for the long story in the last chapter and I thank all of the supportive people out there. It really means a lot to me... Some crappy things have been happening in my life, and this story is getting more difficult to write. SO i apologize for the long wait but I just recently had a death in the family.--

Chapter 18

I choked on my breath. What was there to like about me!? Why did I run into him? Why did he take my hand? Why did he ever try becoming friends with me?

Why did he save me from my father? 

I stood and unlocked the door, slowly opening it. Hearing the familiar creak. Though, I did not feel an embrace. I didn't feel Nate's strong arms around me, caressing my fragile frame. I felt his eyes upon me. Going over me, burning my skin just knowing he was staring. 

Slowly cracking my eyes open peering at his dignified figure, we made eye contact. 

"I love you too..." I spoke nimbly. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. When he re-opened his eyes he looked serious and... Possessive. 

"Emma, don't run from the truth anymore. I don't care WHAT happens, as long as your in my life. Okay? I couldn't stand the thought... Of loosing you... Remember when I cried? You mean so much to me" He spoke so gentle...

"Nate-"

"No Emma, let me finish." I hushed my voice rather quickly.

"When you ran into me in town... After seeing your eyes. You were so alluring and breathtaking. I would hate to see such a precious gem get brushed away. After hearing about your father, subsequently having you call ME for help..." He moved forward, closer to me.

Cupping my cheek into his hand, brushing the back of his fingers along my jaw line.

"You were meant for me. I just can't let you go now." He leaned down and had kept my head in place and he pressed his lips onto mine. 

Fervidly, I had kissed him back. His words were so meaningful. The kiss was passionate yet firm, he wrapped his arm around my waist and I just stood. He pulled back and pressed his forhead against my own.

"Don't make me go through the pain of loosing someone I love again..." I shot my eyes open and looked at him. I forgot, we both were missing one of our parents....

I pulled away from him and he shot me a confused glance. I walked over to my bed, sitting atop of it. I pulled my knee's up and looked at the small dragon stuffed animal. I placed this on the bed my first day here. 

I picked it up gripping it softly, I held it to my chest and took a deep breath. I hopped off of my bed and walked over to Nate.

"W-when you first brought me here I took this. It's a memento from m-my mother... Now... Now that I've seen her... It's a memento of meeting you... You taking me with you... Away from hell..." I whispered softly. He looked at me wide-eyed. 

"Do... Do I mean that much to you?" He questioned me with a slight tint to his cheeks. 

"N-Nate... You mean everything to me..." I smiled slightly as his smile grew wide.

 He quickly reached for me, picking me up and spinning me around. I giggled slightly, he looked so very happy. I wish he could always look like this... He set me down.

"You're so perfect Em..." He whispered and stroked my hair.

"Nate... I-I just realized something..." I placed my hands gently on his chest, he raised an eyebrow at me.

"What?" He questioned his voice slightly higher. I giggled.

"I've never been happier..." I whispered to him my voice shaking. He smiled and choked up a bit. 

After, he pulled me close to him. Hugged me tightly, not letting me go for a long time. He stroke my hair and ran his fingers up my spine giving me goosebumps. I just laid my head on his chest, closing my eyes and taking him in. 

This moment couldn't be more perfect. 

I pulled away from him smiling happily and I walked down the stairs, I could face her now. 

I put my hand on the door handle and whisked the door open, as I stepped outside looking around my mother was no where to be found. The car was there, she left it for me most likely. I sighed and pressed my hand to my forehead. 

Nate turned and went back into the house, as I stepped toward the car. I brushed my fingers on the hood.

"I-I probably won't see you again, huh mom?" I whispered to the car.