Chapter 17

Chapter 17

I was scared, honestly. I didn't know what he would do when he saw... It? I slowly motioned for her to get out of the car.

I turned around and watched Nate's actions, for anything... I don't even know really. I saw his eyes widen in shock and he pursed his lips together.

I turned around and there she was, deformed and disgusting.

"I-It's horrific isn't it?" I whispered, my mouth dry.

"That's the condition she was in when she had died?!" He whisper-shouted. I nodded as tears formed in my eyes, remembering the day so long ago. I shook it off as Nate put his arm around my shoulder.

"It's a pleasure to meet you." He said formally. Me, being very confused, looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

My mom smiled happily at his action.

"The pleasure's all mine..." She whispered. That would seem like something she would say. The tears fell remembering the women she used to be.

She was so strong, yet fragile. So happy yet so sad. She was a big ball of everything. She made the world better. I was so young... So how do I remember so much about her. She was so beautiful. So perfect.

I muffled back loud sobs, as Nate and my mother looked at me. She was acting more and more like her old self. I took a few steps back.

"Honey, what's wrong?" She asked truly concerned. Was... Was it me!? Is my presence summoning her conscious?! I side stepped and swiftly turned around, bolting for the front door. Nate and my 'mom' turned and tried to go after me, but I had already been inside.

I ran to the stairs, skipping steps. I threw open my door, slammed it shut and locked it behind me.

I hate this...

I leaned against the door and slid down, burying my face into my knees. Why did she have to come back into my life!?

That didn't sound like me at all.

A few weeks ago, didn't I WANT her back? Didn't I miss her? Now I'm practically cursing she was ever alive. I'm such an awful daughter...

What's happening to me? I sobbed into my knees, clenching my fists in frustration, digging my nails into my skin. I felt the stinging in my hands finally and looked to see I had made them bleed. Great...

"Emma!" I heard Nate's voice on the other side of the door, I stayed silent. I muffled my cries with my knees. I had heard him sit on the other side of the door. Nate was waiting for me, as usual. Always looking out for me.

"Emma..." He whispered my name lovingly on the other side of the door.

"...What...?" I spoke to him, trying for at least a bit of normality. Leaning my head back against the doors,

"I love you..." He said gently to me.

Anti-SocialOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara