Chapter 14

--Hey guys, sorry I ended on a sudden note in chapter 13. This one should be better and I will try to make it longer as well. Enjoy guys!--

Chapter 14

"I never tried to get here either, I would just always find a way here... I didn't understand... I still don't and probably never will..." He said softly. I didn't like this subject, I didn't like that he would run away from the world.

It sounds like something I would do. I randomly began to take my shoes and socks off, then began to look at my clothes.

"What are you doing?" Nate asked me confused.

"H-how deep is this?" I asked not looking up at him. 

"I don't kno-" Without letting him finish I dove into the small pond. The water wasn't cold nor warm, it was the perfect temperature. 

I let my self float underneath the water, I wonder if I can open my eyes. I was hesitating for a few seconds then snapped my eyes open.

The water was a crystal blue, so clear. I could see everything, every little detail. I could stay down here forever. 

I swam a little before closing my eyes. So peaceful... Something grabbed my arm and pulled me above water.

"EMMA! YOU ALMOST DROWNED! You were down there forever I thought something happened!" I coughed and hacked.

"I was fine! I wasn't running out of air! It was amazing down there..." I thought for a few seconds then I grabbed Nate's hand and dove under. Surprised he fell in after me.

He still had his eyes closed, I poked his chest. No response, I poked his cheek and he finally opened his eyes.

He looked around eyes bulging out of his head. Then he seemed to relax when he saw the beautiful scenery. He gazed around his eyes matching the crystal blue water.

Probably such as mine did, though I could never tell. He swam further away from me disappearing into the darkest part of the pond.

At first I thought to follow him but then a single fish caught me off guard. There were fish in this pond? The fish swam right up to me.

Wern't fish scared of people, why did this one come so close. Confusion hit me and the water around me began to turn cold. 

Poor fish, I don't want to hurt it. I swam backwards enough so the water around me wouldn't bother it. The fish just swam right back to me though.

What is this pond? Why don't I need to breathe yet? Where was Nathan!? I quickly turned around and swam as fast as I could into the darkness. 

It was kind of difficult to see but I am pretty sure I could make out a human... Body? I came to land as I swam downward. 

What? I stepped onto the land under the pond to find Nate sitting in the sand. 

"Emma!" He yelled happy to see me.

"What... W-what is this?" I looked around cautiously, eyeing everything. I didn't want any trouble or danger. 

"I have no idea, but isn't this so cool!?" He was so excited. I couldn't help but give a small smile to him, playing with the sand as he sat. 

I walked around the sand was very warm even with no sun able to hit this place beneath the water. I was thoroughly confused when Nathan began to speak.

"E-Emma...!" He shouted, my eyes shot toward him when I saw a light coming from me. 

"M-m-my cheek!" I squealed scared. What the heck is happening!?

"...Why is happening on your scar?" Scar...? Oh, the one my father gave to me. My breath became cold at the memory. 

The light feels good though, it's not hurting me or anything... I touched the light with my finger tip but nothing happened. It continued to emit that light.

"Emma, it's fading, the scar is fading!" He looked both excited and horrified in the same facial expression. I was happy, I wouldn't have to remember him every time I looked in the mirror!

"Are you alright? Is it hurting you?" Nate came over to me. I must have had a pained expression on my face, due to the hatred I felt towards that man.

"N-no, it's not painful. Just m-memories is all..." I mumbled barely audible, I didn't want to bring this topic up.

"Alright..." My eyes widened at the sharp pain that came as the light began to fade, I screeched in complete agony. 

Nathan gasped and helped me to stand, I stood practically toppling over Nate. That felt exactly the same as when it happened. This healing comes only for a price.

"What the hell!? Don't scare me like that! What happened?" Tears were rolling down my cold pale cheeks without me realizing. 

"N-nothing, its just... Painful during the end... ha, ha." My breathing spaced the sentence out. 

"Should we head home? We need to swim back up..." I nodded with a fake smile plastered onto my face. I felt tired, only now am I realizing. 

He took my hand and walked me to the edge of the water, I let go and dove in. I held my breath, taking in the crystal water once more. Breathtaking, (Buh-Dum-Tch). 

I kicked and kicked finally able to grip the hard land and dirt, finally. I rung my hair, and put on my socks and shoes. Nate pulled out of the water a bit later, shaking his hair as if a dog.

I laughed and stood up, waiting for him to do the same.

"Alrighty, lets get a move on!" He grabbed my hand yanking me forward, causing me to stumble a bit. He chuckled quietly to himself. Or so he thought, I rolled my eyes at him.

Walking along the path, or... What was left of the path. It probably has been unused for years. 

"...W-why does nobody go back here...?" I asked glancing slightly at him through the corner of my eyes. 

"I don't know... I have always wondered the same thing. It is so beautiful and peaceful... I don't understand..." He looked saddened at the mention of it being so deserted. 

I didn't like when Nate was unhappy or saddened, as I thought this we ended up at the sidewalk leading up to our house... My eyes bulged out of my head as I thought that, it was too strange. 

He unlocked the door and made his way inside, slumping down on the living room couch lazily. I giggled and walked up the set of stairs over to my room.

I heaved out a sigh and kicked my shoes into the opposing wall. I was exhausted. I didn't even bother changing as I flopped onto the wonderful bed. 

I began to drift into slumber as I closed my eyes. A slight snore came from my mouth as I blacked out.

I woke up with a start as a strong hand clasped over my mouth roughly. Am I dreaming?