Chapter 10

--Hey I wasn't so sure if I should actually do this yet... I was thinking this should be in a further chapter but things are moving kind of slow..--

Chapter 10

"Done with what?" He questioned me with a glass of water in his hands. I was clenching my fists tight. I let out a deep breath.

"I'm done with this!" I yelled. I was emotionally unstable, thinking about my mother... Mother.

"MY MOM DIDN'T DESERVE DEATH, IT SHOULD'VE BEEN ME!... It should've been me..." I hid my face, I didn't want to look at his facial expression.

"E-Emma..." I heard him take a step backwards. W-was he afraid of me? My looked at my hands, they were now blue from how I was frosting myself.

"Nate..." I looked up at him, he was wide eyed and I think I scared him a bit. I looked out the window.

"You don't deserve that either Emma... What have you ever done wrong?" He said with sadness in his voice. My eyes widened.

"H-how would.... w-would you know...?'' I kept my jaw locked, how long has it been since I have started living here a few days? I've only known you for not even two weeks!?

"I have seen enough of your personality to know, Emma, that you wouldn't do or say anything to harm anyone. You are far to kind for that, you just don't seem to understand this feeling you give off towards people. The 'cold' outward feeling you put off is not you... It's the person your father... Created..." He said to me.

I was so surprised he knew everything. Did I really give out that much? I didn't understand how he could read me so well....

"H-how did y-you?..." I trailed off, thinking about what he said. Then I finally looked at him. He was looking at my hands, I was continually frosting myself without realizing. The blue color was now a little above my wrists.

"Emma stop! You're still frosting yourself!" He grabbed my hands and shuddered. Knowing they were like blocks of ice.  

I just sat breathing heavily, Nate saying some words. Was I blocking his voice out or... Could I really not hear him? What was happening?

"EMMA!" He screeched. I snapped my attention to him. 

"W-w-" I needed to escape this... I needed to do what I did when my father would overwhelm me. Run away to the only thing that ever spoke to me. Music. Music was there when NO ONE else would talk to me.

"Emma, your not alone anymore." I heard those few words, out of everything. He was right though it didn't fit. I still feel the loneliness. It corrupts me. 

All of those years being avoided, made fun of, beaten. I was twitching. They couldn't corrupt me anymore. I am DONE with everyone. Nate... I just.... 

"I can't..." I pulled away and grabbed the window pulling it open. I jumped out.

"Emma!" He ran to the window, he was too late. I landed on my feet and began to sprint. I couldn't stay. What was I thinking?! I looked down at my hands, which were now blue to almost the elbow. 

I just shook my head and kept running, I wasn't getting tired. I failed PE... What? I looked at the landscape rushing by as if I were in a car, the pedestrians looking as I ran by.

I brushed of the looks of wonder and kept running, possibly faster than before. I stopped once I came to the entrance of the forest. 

I looked into the deep abyss as my vision blurred. I flinched and put a hand up to my head. What the heck? 

I was wearing myself out, I need to settle down somewhere. 

I took my first steps into the wooded area stepping over dead leaves, twigs and even some dried berries. I wonder if there is wild animals out here... 

I walked further into the tree's noticing it was getting dark outside, maybe I should find a sturdy tree... 

I had a good time with Nate, I know I will be back. I just need to think about life a little. 

~Nates P.O.V.~

How could I let her leave!? How could I let her get away from me!? I was sitting on her bed looking at her belongings, I should have went after her. 

I clenched my fists, how the hell was I supposed to find her now?! Which direction did she run to when she... Fu- No, no, no. 

I got up to check the time, and grabbed a small bag and shoved some clothing and food in there. It was almost 11 o'clock.

What if she wanted to leave, what if she doesn't want to see me ever again. Is she okay? Her hands!

"Damn it..." I whispered roughly and punched the wall beside me. 

~Emma's P.O.V.~

I was having trouble climbing this stupid tree. I groaned a little getting frustrated with my lack of ability.  Wait, what the heck was that rush of awesome back there! 

Fine body, pick whenever you want to be amazing. 

I just sighed walking further into nothing. I couldn't last out here forever, what was I thinking?! Ugh man I am an idiot sometimes. Can't I do anything right?

I sat down and leaned on a tree.

Yea maybe I should have planned this out a little better.