Anti-Social

(Emma Kimlek sat in her room laying face down on her bed.)

I wasn't normal right? I have some powers that are passed from generation to generation but only the select 'chosen' were able to actually control it. I stuck out my index finger and pointed upward, a single snow flake came from my finger. I sat in my room. I lived with my dad. My mom was dead but she was the one who taught me to control my 'power'. She died in a awful car accident. I was in the accident with her. I surprisingly lived, I was left with a nasty scar on the back of my head. It is a good thing my hair covered it up. I would just stick out more than I already do. I'm pretty shy. I get nervous around big crowds and I am stage fright. I can't speak in public either.

I got up and looked in the mirror, my curly red hair was all tangled up. I sighed and got a brush from the desk. I began to brush my hair I needed to change too. I soon finished brushing my hair and began rummaging through my clothes. I pulled out some dark blue skinny jeans and a black long sleeved shirt. I walked down the stairs, my father wasn't home yet. I slipped on my black converse and walked to the door. I stopped when my hand reached the handle.

Where was I going to go? There was no where to go really. I yanked the door open then ran outside, slamming the door behind me. I began to walk down the street, I lived in a neighborhood fairly close to the main part of the city. So where I was going there were a lot of people. I stopped mid step. Lots... of people. I put a hand over my mouth. My hair covered most of my face. I took a few deep breaths then began to walk forward again.

When I got into the edge of the main street I could see more and more people walking past me. None of them really bothered to look at me though. I was glad. So I gave a little sigh of relief. Not paying attention I rammed right into a really muscular man. I fell to the ground, I couldn't look up.

"I-I-I" I couldn't speak. I was stuttering awfully. I saw a hand in front of me. He was offering to help me up, I thought for a few seconds. My hand was shaking a little but I slowly reached up and took his hand.

"Are you alright?" He asked, his voice was fairly deep. He sounded about my age though. I nodded. I was about to walk off when he began to speak once more.

"How old are you? Are you supposed to be walking around by yourself?" I looked at him finally. He had long dark brown hair and his eyes were a ice blue, just like mine. I nodded,

"I-I... U-um....Y-yea..." He laughed at me. He stopped as soon as he looked at me. I looked down. My hands were covered by my sleeves.

"You're really shy, I think that's cute." He smiled at me.

"You wanna walk with me?" He gestured to the sidewalk. I looked at him then the sidewalk. Was I really going to go with a guy I just met? I hesitated for a few minutes then nodded.

"Y-yea," I muttered. What if I walked into another person and they weren't as friendly.

"I'm Nate by the way," Nate... Hehe... I began to walk beside him...

"I'm E-Emma." That one came out a bit louder. I smiled, I was finally going to have a friend. As we were walking we passed very many people everytime one person would look at me I would look away and Nate would laugh.

"W-why are you laughing...." I said quickly. He stopped mid-step and stepped in front of me.

"It's funny how introspective you are," I looked up at him my red hair covering my face once more. He brushed the hair from my eyes. His eyes widened.

"Haha you have my eyes!" He exclaimed fairly excited. I blushed. I didn't think he would notice this. I nodded again. Then breathed out deeply. It came out white as if it were cold. I covered my mouth hoping he didn't see the strage power of mine.

"Mmhmm," I began to shake. Did he see? He took my hand from my face and walked. H-he was holding my hand. I wanted to pull away. My hand was probably freezing! I feel as if I am going to pass out...

--Should I make this a new book?! I NEED FEEDBACK!!!! OTAY thank you--