Chapter 1

--Hey so I got some good reviews! I can't wait :3 I am enjoying this story a lot!--

Chapter 1

H-h-h-he was holding my hand. I slightly pulled away. He let go. Then looked at me.

"I-I'm sorry," He blushed and rubbed the back of his head. My hands were giving off freezing air. I covered them up as well as I could.

"I-it's okay... I-I just.... Uhm....."  I trailed off I didn't actually know what I was beginning to say. it felt like he was just staring at me. I looked away.

"Can I walk you home?" My eyes widened, w-why did he want to walk me home. Is this what friends do? I nodded unsure.

"Great!!" He was about to take my hand again, he hesitated. Then turned around he didn't move though. Oh yea, he doesn't know where my house is. So I slowly stepped in front of him and began to walk.

We were close to my neighborhood and Nate and I were just making small talk. Very small talk. He was sweet about it though. He understood my, unable to speak to people problem. I think anyway.

"U-....um... We are a-almost here," I told him quietly.

"You live very close to the city.... That must be pretty awesome," He was looking around my neighborhood.

"Y-yea...B-but it get pretty loud..." I mumbled. He gave me a big smile. I stopped in front of my house.

"This yours?" He looked over at the big blue house. Then got all jittery and stuff.

"U-uhm since its Friday.... Can I come pick you up here tomorrow?" I froze. Did he j-just ask m-me out?

"U-uh s-sure.... b-but... uh..." I pulled out my phone. He automatically smiled then pulled out his phone too. We switched phone's and put each other's numbers in. I have never really had a friends number I was pretty happy.

"There.... I'll text you later... okay?" I nodded quickly. I smiled at him. He blushed. Wow.

"Y-yea..." I hurried back to my door. Hoping my dad wouldn't be to mad at me for going out without permission.

I unlocked the door and walked inside, my dad wasn't in sight. He was probably in his room. I quietly shut the door behind me. I walked up the steps, tiptoeing. I made it to my room without making any noise. I thought how my door creaks. Crap. I turned the knob of my door and pointed my fingers at the hinges of the door. The ice came from my fingers and froze the hinges, I pushed the door open and it didn't creak. The only thing you could hear was a soft crackle of ice.

Powers do come in handy. I walked over to the black desk in the corner of my room. I took out my writing notebook. I loved to write, I loved the horror genre. It interested me so. My favorite writer would have to be Edgar Allan Poe... He has many poems and stories and when I read one I just cannot put it down.

There was a small window by my desk that I liked to look at but my curtains covered most of it, the window gave me inspiration at times. The vista wasn't all that much, but it was still my favorite place in the whole room. I began to write. I'm not the best writer, and my poems are not exactly joyous but I still love to re-read and write them.

~I am an animal, The darkness has swallowed me whole.~

That was the first sentence, then my phone vibrated. It was my father.

-Emma, picking up food now. be at the door.-

I sighed, I didn't reply to him either. I didn't really care how late he was. I made a new friend, I smiled. Friend. The word never really seemed like it would become a reality. I was never able to make friends in school. I was bullied for being scared of talking. Even though they are the one's who frighten me. It was uncommon in this city to not talk. Everybody talk even if it was about the most random things.

Why was I so different? I accidentally froze my pencil thinking about this.

"Ugh..." I sighed. I stood up and walked over to my CD case. I pulled out my favorite My Chemical Romance CD and shoved it into my CD player. I switched it to my favorite track "I'm Not Okay (I Promise)" and hummed along with the words. ((Author: Hahaha Can you tell  I love My Chemical Romance???))

I faintly heard the sound of my father's car pull into the driveway. I walked down the stairs my music still blaring from my shut door, to greet him as he told me to. After my mother died he let out all of his bottled up aggravation towards me. He knew I was fragile and sensitive. He also blamed me for my mothers death. Who knows why, it wasn't my fault.

He opened the door and I greeted him, but it was barely audible.

"H-hello father," I nodded.

"Emma." He retorted annoyed. He handed me all of the grocery bags and pointed towards the kitchen. I was not his slave he couldn't force me around to do everything. Just because he didn't love me. I nodded once more and began to unpack the bags. I put all of the meat into the freezer and fruits into the fridge. I began to unpack little snacks and things of the sort into the cupboards. It took me about half an hour.

After I had finally finished, my dad- father was watching the television. I couldn't walk in front of it until it had gone to commercial. One of his rules. It look about 10 minutes for his undeniably and utterly stupid shows to go on break.

I was pretty much running back up to my room. Then walked in and shut the door. Now the song "Boy Division" By My Chemical Romance was playing. My phone vibrated as soon as I made my way to me desk.

It was Nate. I opened the message to see what he had sent.

-Hey, what time can I come get u tomorrow???-

The message made me smile. What should I reply!?! I though for a moment.

-Anytime... I need out of this house ;~;-

That was the only thing that would come into my mind.... What would he say?