∗ "Chapter 21" {Epilogue} ∗

⚕⚕⚕
Years and years and years went by that Matt grew wiser and older, he never fell in love again as he continues to love his ghost boy, Edd. Tom grew up and older as well, living alone to cease the days and nights, he worked at a diner that Matt would come by to, getting "the usual"; as for Riley, she continued to talk and visit Matt, for reasons that she was his neighbor out of surprise, they remained friends while Tom had his obsession with Matt, he always hid it even though it was slightly obvious. Edds Dad went on a murder spree for not being a good father with Edd, killing many, 30 teens and adults to be exact, sentenced to a good 4 years in prison..
Today was Edds birthday, by now he'd be old enough to be alive still, Matt had to do something for his dead lover but waited till tonight, where he'd do what he's been doing everyday of his birthday. It was only 12:30am so he had a long day before then, either way, he mad his way to the diner where Thomas worked. The small dusty, golden bell rang as Matt took a step inside, greeted by one of the co-workers there named Coral, her hair was the color of her name and she had bright green eyes, which is why Matt made her his favorite worker there apart from Tom, he loved her eyes. " Good morin' Matthew! How's ya doing this great day?, " She said with a big ol smile plastered on her face; it was one of those diners where the workers would wear roller blades as she skated over to where Matt sat. " Ah, it's pretty swell Coral! Today is Edds birthday so, maybe you'd like to come over? "
" Aawe, i love your songs! Of course I'll come over buddy! "
" Heh, always so bright, a-anyways I'll just have- "
" The same thing you have every morin'? Yeah I'll order for ya', good sir! It'll be here in a moment!, " Coral said with her strong western accent, rolling away over to the counter and telling the co-worker inside the cookers station what Matt wanted as she went over to the next customer; Matt looked out the big window beside him, scooting over to see a red Mustang driving and parking into the parking lot, he smiled watching the girl walk out and step into the diner, walking over and in front of the ginger. " Good morning Riley. "
" Hah, good morning Matthew! Happy birthday for your Eddie! "
" Oh, thanks. Whatca doing here anyways? "
" Eh, driving past, remembering your ugly face and saying to myself, ' Oh boy! It's Edwards birthday! Lemme check on Matt's ugly ass to see how he's doing! ', You know, that kinda thing.," Riley said with a smirk as Matt raised a brow. " Well i thought to myself as well saying, ' Wowie, an idiot must be bringing her idiot face to say happy birthday to Eddie! And she decided to come and sit in front of me calling me and my ass ugly when in fact, she's actually, absolutely disgusting whom-, " Matt paused and whispered quietly, ' Whom murdered my lover but here she is! ', You know, that kinda thing., " The ginger crossed his arms and smiled back, eyebrow still raised as they both laughed at eachother. " Never gets old my ginger asshole!, " Riely laughed as Tom brought Matt's French toast, eggs, bacon and hashbrowns on one plate. " Matthew! Riley! Good morning to you two, how are y'all doing?, " Tom said happily and handed Matt his plate. " Pretty swell Thomas. "
" Could be better good ol bud. "
" Hm, well I gotta go and do my job, so enjoy your food Matt! I'll see ya later at the birthday party!, " He waved and roller bladed away as Riley blew a kiss and Matt waved. " What's up with the kisses? You've been doing that since highschool. "
" Eh, i like doing that, it usually makes people feel happy and loved, that's my feedback from other people. "
...
Matt drove his grey Sedan into the same cemetery from highschool, he left his lovers gravestone a bouquet of multiple flowers then left; but the bouquets were stacked upon each other, a never ending pile of dying flowers and a new live bouquet, even Tord's was the same, usually everyday but Edd's had the most. Either way, he left to the place he hated the most, but loved it, ever since highschool..
HeartLake Pond.
Many of different people gathered around with treats, drinks, and star lights hanging in the trees, lights drowned in the water making it look like a watercolor palette; Matt had a bag of goodies for Tord and Edd as so did others, his birthday was like a holiday, many threw sorts of things they loved and cherished most in the water Tord was or hanged and laid them upon the tree Edd used. As always, the colorful stand, plastered with freckles of red and green, a microphone and speaker that was forever used till this day, Matt was always the first one to speak; He stared it down until Tom snapped the ginger back to life, rule 1 was to never die on Edds birthday. " Hey buddy! #1 Rule on this occasion! Don't break it Matthew, anyways, just a couple more minutes until- "
" Edds birthday, clock strikes 12:00am and we talk while partying for two lost souls, same old same old Tommy. "
" O-Oh, yeah haha- h-have you seen Riely? "
" Huh, no not yet, why? "
" Just curious, ima be by the drinks as usual, want somethin? "
" Nah, you go on, ima talk to a couple people, " Matt smiled and motioned Tom to go as he nodded, smiled and walked away for his drinks, Matt kept the smile on his face as he walked towards Patryck and Paul. " Hello buddies! How are y'all holding up? "
" Oh Matthew! Thanks for inviting us! Anyways I'm feelin great! Paul's over at the drinking thingy so im waiting till he loses it so i can save his life. "
" Aha, sounds nice. "
" Yes it really is, anyways, i give you my appreciation for making this possible for your Edd and our Tordie, i thank you!-," The sound of a glass breaking startled the two tusked boy as he jumped and ran away. " THANKS MATTHEW BUT I GOTTA DO BYE!!!-," He said while running for his life, Matt shrugged it off as he walked around, trying to find somebody like a friend, like Coral or- " Hello Matt! How ya doing!!," Jon chirped as Matt smiled softly. " Ah, hello Jon, im doing swell, how are you? "
" Im great! I love that you're doing this all for your lover, including Tord? You are a very hard worker my friend! "
" Daawe, thanks shortie! Where's Edwardo and Mark? "
" I AM THE AVERAGE HEIGHT FOR MY AGE!!- A-Anyways, 'Dwardy is flirting with girls in the middle as for Mark? He's just standing there, I was with him but- "
" It's about to strike 12 Jon, go ahead and be with Mark, I have to go, " Matt said as he ruffled Jon's hair while he smacked his hand away. The ginger made his way to the stand while everybody stopped doing what their doing and the music lowered with a cough into the microphone. " Hi hello everybody! Welcome to Edward P. Golds birthday, well known as Eddie and Lemon Boy! Anyways, i hope you are all having a delightful time as do i wish Edd the most greatest time on the planet. He deserves more than he already has, he was too good for me, and honestly. I'll be honest, I bullied him the first day of highschool, i obviously stopped since he was deaf and my dumbass didn't know.. But that's the stupidest and most regretful thing I've ever done, " Matt continued. " I wish i could've done more with him but no, he died on the most peaceful day, at the what was supposed to be the most peaceful place in town; I dedicate this to Edward, my Lemon Boy! And Tord, our best friend! Bottoms up!, " Matt raised a glass of champagne as everybody else joined and cheered, Matt glared at all the faces of people and found Coral as he waved and she waved back. " SING!! SING SING!-," Coral chanted while everybody joined, Matt stared at her in anger, she smirked. He grabbed his ukulele out of nowhere, holding it up in the air as everyone cheered and shouted engorgement, he struck at it for everyone to settle, Matt strummed a tune and began to sing. ♫ " Tonight~ I am craving for you, on my own, know im dreaming too soon.
Cause i think i got it, figured out, but i don't headstrong and empty-handed, i will go to places I've not been too.
So far, I've got nothing to lose, slow motion, like my memories of you.
Im walking in my destined lines, hideaways ~ I'm skipping fears for distant miles, far away..
Cause i think i got it, figured out, but i don't headstrong and empty-handed, i will go to places I've not been too.
Im on my way, to my hideaway, cause i think i got it, figured out, but i don't headstrong and empty-handed, i will go to places I've not been too.
i think i got it, figured out, but i don't headstrong and empty-handed, i will go to places I've not been too.~♫ ", Matt sighed and gripped at his ukulele as everybody laughed, smiled, and clapped in glee. Afterwards, that was when the real party began, but Matt didn't join them and their festivities, instead he went to visit Edd, he sat besides and leaned against his gravestone. " See all that i do for you Eddie? I do this outta-, " Matt looked up into the midnight sky, a singular cloud in the lonely sky along with the moon as a shooting star passed by, he smiled.
" Outta love... "
⚕⚕⚕
--
Total Words: 1679
--
Thanks for reading :) i hope y'all enjoyed uwu
-DepressoEspresso