⋄ "Chapter 19" ⋄

⋎⋏⋎
Matt crawled through his window in agony, he let it happen.. he didn't want it but he gave up.. he didn't want to but he did because he was tired and over it already, he didn't have a point or a reason to stop them he just, let them hurt him. Either way, he had a couple scars on his cheek and a black eye, but what would Tom say? He watched it all go down in his head..
" a-a black eye?! "
" it's fine, I've had worse. "
" No! No this isn't fine! We gotta- "
" Tom, I am fine. It's fine. We're fine. "
" h-how would you know? Don't assume im fine because right now, you're the only thing i have left on this horrible planet! "
" well, how do you think i feel? Apart from parent of course. "
" Matthew, i want to be with you, forever i guess. Im not sure, but, would you be willing to stay with me, forever? "
" forever wouldn't be enough. "
" is- is that a yes? "
" no. "
And that's exactly what happened..
Not only Matt fucked up his entire life, but he's losing all his friends in an instant. He hated it, but he knew he wasn't alone, he always had those conversations with Edd about being dead. Edd told him that if he ever died, he'd watch over him forever, nonstop. And that's what he felt, he felt his lover around him and still.. loving him...
After school Matt would go to the cemetery, he'd start going now, telling Edd everything and even Tord, he'd talk to himself but he was talking with the ghost boys, and he loved his ghoul boys. But he wasn't always alone, finally, Matt found a way to connect with Tom, everyday they'd talk and talk, which continued today along with their friendship, until..
The school had a break for all students due to the lack of bathroom stall doors not closing, vandalism, and toilets not working so everyone enjoyed while they could, such as Matt and Tom, they wanted to do something special in honor so the two bought a bunch of junk food and went to the cemetery to sit with Edd and Tord at night, eating and getting fat like the basic highschool boys they are.
" Hey Tom, have you ever loved Tord? "
" Mhm, i loved him for so long, but he loved you and i-i wasn't surprised, you're a great person, but young me- "
" tried to break us up. "
" yeah, i guess i never apologized so, im sorry. "
" it's all in the past, im over it. " Matt loomed over to Tom and he was already staring until he looked back up into the midnight sky. " i-i love you too ya' know?, " Thomas chuckled as Matt listened. " I mean, you are just- perfect? Too perfect actually, I know you'd never fall for me but it's true, i still love Tord but- not as much as you. "
" Thanks, i love you too, platonically. "
" right.. " Tom slowly felt pieces of himself losing hope, he could die.
he could, die..
he could, kill hims-
...
" Tommy?? Tommy you alive dude?, ", Matt poked at his forehead as Tom fluttered his 'eyes' open, Matt sighed and smiled, standing and lifting him off the ground of the cemetery dirt, next to Edds grave.. " you're carrying me home? But it's kinda far! "
" Exercise. ", but Matt knew where this was going, he knew how he felt, but Matt loved Edd, dead or alive, he wouldn't give that up. Tom looked up at him as he looked back down, he blushed looked away, Matt sighed watching the smoke from his mouth escape like a cigarette. They continued to approach Tom's house, Matt looked down at Tom, he noticed the boy suddenly the boys 'eyes' became droopy, Matt put him on the ground as he rubbed his eyes and held his hand, he understood that Tom was tired so he didn't do anything. At last, the two made it to Toms house and just stood in front of his picketed pastel blue fence, they looked in each other's eyes until one spoke. " so uhm- thanks for the uh, hangout thing it was fun! i uhm- i really appreciate it.. "
" heh, me too. "
" Bye bye Matty... "
" Bye Thomas. ", and with that he walked away, leaving Tom outside, not willing to go inside until a bit after. Either way, Matt wasn't happy, sad, or mad, but the perfect amount of okay, Tom slightly reminded him of Edd, although their physical features have nothing in common, they're personalities somewhat fit together. Matt just left everything there, he had a couple of his things in his pockets that were obviously important, but the rest left behind, besides the cemetery was farther and he already made it home so he decided not too; luckily, the people from yesterday weren't anywhere in his view of sight so he was fine, until he arrived at his window and let himself inside, his Mother standing by the door, her sharp blue eyes stabbed him like a knife. " Where were you Matthew? Off with that Thomas friend if yours?..
" Like it matters to you! You've never cared and you wouldn't, hence why i don't try anymore! "
" MATTHEW I WILL- "
" hit me? i dare you because sooner or later, I'll end up like Edd and all the blame will be poured on you and Dad, so i suggest you stay. the hell. AWAY!!, " Matt pushed her away and slammed the door, locking it shut, he fell to the ground in tears, never noticing the 48 notifications covering his phone..
⋎⋏⋎
--
Total words: 936