☼ "Chapter 5" ☼

♔♔♔
Edd gripped at his pen and notepad, he didn't want to go inside, he could go to Matt's or Tom's household, but he missed his own house. He missed his mom more than anything at the moment, but now, he lost the feel for his home, especially that's the last place he saw his mom and see his dad. So, Edd decided to go over to Matt's home. He walked across the house but his Dad was watching him leave and Edd knew, he shouted at him to come back home, but Edd didn't know or hear him. Even his own father forgot he's deaf, it tore him apart, his mom died and now his Dad can't even remember that's his child is deaf. Edd continued walking, throat began to pain once more, he always had a phobia of crying, especially in public..
Edd approached Matt's home, his window wasn't open this time, he climbed up to the window and knocked on it, Matt was shouting at the stairs but Edd didn't want to know why, he turned and expected a smile, but he wasn't happy. Matt opened the window and motioned him to come inside, as Edd entered, Matt closed the door and locked it. Now Edds curiosity got the best of him, he scribbled down his question and gave it to Matt.
" nothing happened, nothing to worry about. Why are you here?... "
" my Father came back home, it's only the second time I've seen him.. "
" do you not like him? "
" i hate him, he abused my mom and me too. I don't wanna deal with him right now... "
" Shit. Then you're more than welcome to stay Eddie :) ", this gave Edd tingles in his hands, he wanted to stay, but all the possibilities of them ending up together isn't what he wanted, but he stayed anyways.
" I'd love to stay with you, Matthew :3 "
Matt smiled at him and gave back the notepad. He thought of what to do because the door was locked and he didn't want to go downstairs, so he pulled out a board game. Edd stared down at it, it's his mom's favorite game in the world, Monopoly. His expression changed immediately, he had a sad look and now he's better, more alive. Edd nodded in agreement to play, and they played 4 times in a row, never getting bored...
It was night time, Matt was on his bed blasting music in his ears as Edd drew in his sketchbook, obviously drawing Matt but in a more realistic way. Curious of what he was drawing, Matt arose from his bed and sat next to Edd. He turned and his blue eyes were watching him, Matt turned away and mouthed the words," Your art is amazing..", he understood because he'd get that alot, Edd ripped the corner of his page and wrote really small.
" Thanks Matthew, your music sounds fun...", he read it with a puzzled look as Edd grabbed the notepad and wrote, only this time in pencil.
" I've never listened to music in a long time, but your expression seemed to enjoy it.. "
" You've listened to music before? "
" I listen to the vibrations,, it's the only way I'd understand.."
" Wanna try? I have a speaker! "
" Haha, okay Matthew :) ", Matt read this like it was a love-hearted letter, he looked so happy about it. Digging through the pile of clean clothes, he found the speaker and plugged his phone into the cord. He didn't blast it but enough to hear the words. Edd put his hand on the speaker and somewhat listened to the song.
" Oh, i thought i was being honest with myself. But i was always running from the truth. I thought i would take all the love that i could get, but i really only wanted you.. I've been thinking, been thinking, been thinking to myself, what's the point in avoiding the pain that can't be helped?.."
Edd smiled at him, he smiled back as Matt grabbed the notepad and let Edd continue listening to the song.
" It's basically my favorite song and artist, i mostly listen to aesthetic music alone, usually with friend i listen to rap. Anyways, the song is New Place to Begin by Khai Dreams, he's great really! ", Edd read this message like Matt meant to point out the rap music.
" Matthew, why do pretend to be someone you aren't? "
" To be impressive... "
" Im impressed that you have to hide behind a burden. "
" Edd. Shut up. "
" No i won't, i love this you, i truly do, but in my humble opinion you deserve to open yourself up to others.. "
" Don't play those lyrics when your talking to me like that... "
" But it starts at my heart and I find it looking in your eyes..", it was easy to write with both hands for Edd, but it irritated Matt," Edd, stop.. "
" Matthew, i just want to help you. But i understand if you aren't in need of my help. Or my presents. "
" Edd i like having you here,, but that isn't the point.. "
" Have a nice night, bittersweet boy... "
♔♔♔
Total words: 854