Chapter Twenty Nine

Start from the beginning

"What the hell happened?" Tristan asked Abigail, as I jerked in his arms.

"Alexander showed up at the house," Abigail started, "He went straight for her. Almost killed her. We managed to stop him from getting that far obviously, but she's lost a lot of blood, Tristan. If we don't do something now, she will die."

"That bastard is going to die the next time I see him." Tristan growled, "He's caused me enough problems."

He suddenly started pulling me towards the bedroom I had just found myself in not ten minutes before. He shoved me inside and closed and locked the door so fast that it took me a few seconds to realize what he had done and by then it was too late to do anything, but bang pathetically on the door. I stopped that rather quickly because I found out that it was made of silver when the smell of my burning flesh suddenly filled my nostrils. I started screaming through the door then, saying all sorts of rude and inappropriate things, but I didn't really care. How dare he lock me up again? How fucking dare he!

I got tired of screaming in a few minutes and just went and sat on the bed, glaring at the door. That was when the logical part of me was able to take over. He had locked me up because I had every intention of killing my own mother. I was a new vampire and had hardly any control over my urges to bite every human I saw. Even if that human was my own flesh and blood.

Even with that knowledge, I was still pissed at being locked up again.

___

I was pacing a hole in the carpet for what seemed like an hour, but could only have been five minutes when I suddenly felt like I was no longer alone. I turned towards the window and came face to face with my own father; the man who had been the reason Tristan was forced to change me in order to save my life. That reason alone was enough to hate him. Not as if his previous actions were reason enough already. I glared at him, "What the fuck do you want?"

He raised an eyebrow, "Such language." he tsked.

"You don't have the right to lecture me after you killed me." I spat.

"Hmm... you don't look dead to me"

I narrowed my eyes at the nerve he had to be a smartass about this, "That's because Tristan had to change me in order to save my life; something that he wouldn't have had to do had you not shot me. I'll give you a minute to state your reason for gracing me with your presence before I go all crazy bitch on you."

"You wouldn't attack your own father."

"Try me," I said, "I already killed Annabelle and I can certainly kill you too."

If he was shocked by my revelation, I never knew since the door suddenly flew open and Tristan had my father up against the wall by his throat in just a few seconds. His hold was so tight that all my father could do was stutter pathetically.

"I don't know how the hell you got out of the King's dungeon, but I'm going to make sure you regret it," he dug his nails into my father's neck until he drew blood. I was disgusted by my reaction at seeing the red liquid trail down his neck, but I was able to suppress the urge to drink when I realized whose blood it was I so obsessed with. Tristan continued, "I must say... you certainly have skills at causing distractions; you almost had me fooled; key word is almost. Next time you decide to distract me so that you can get to your daughter, you may want to partner up with someone a little more competent than Alexander. Not that there will be another chance because I'm pretty sure your death is imminent."

It didn't take more than two minutes for me to figure out what Tristan was talking about, "You had that bastard almost kill mom?' I asked, "Just so you could talk to me? What the hell is wrong with you, you sicko? If she's dead, I swear..."