*·Chapter 17·*

It's been a whole five minutes since Taehyung was basically forced into the kitchen to finally discover the mystery behind Kim Donghee.

They sat approximately three feet away from each other at the kitchen counter, neither Taehyung nor Donghee uttering a single word only staring at each other.

"Are they gonna talk?" Eunju whispered peeking around the kitchen's entrance way.

"Maybe?" Her mother replied above her daughter.

"Tae isn't the type to start a conversation with a stranger unless he's in a really good mood. Right now he's confused and curious." Yoongi stated above Mrs. Kim, him being the expert on his boyfriend.

Jungkook nodded above Yoongi agreeing with the older's words. "Taehyung-hyung has no feelings towards his father since he doesn't know him."

Namjoon just hummed above his bunny just observing the situation.

After what felt like forever Donghee finally spoke.

"You look a lot like me."

'Smooth.'

Namjoon groaned internally.

"The lady who gave birth to me always said that before smacking me across the face." The younger replied nonchalantly making his boyfriend wince in the background. 

"Your mother hits you?" The older man asked a hint of anger in his voice.

"Use to. And she isn't my mother, she signed over that right when she ran away from her responsibility. Sounds familiar?"

Namjoon could see how the older man deflated at the harsh words Taehyung tossed his way.

"You have every right to be mad or be disappointed in me. I just want to explain my side if possible." The plea in the man's voice was undeniably sad that Taehyung had no choice but to listen because he was honestly curious.

"Well," He began. "Your mother wasn't always the easiest to deal with. She always wanted more and more, she was wild and aggressive. I on the other hand was more subtle I always wanted to try and maintain what I already have while working to build on it. She was very impatient and pressuring I thought that when you were born she would calm down, focus less on herself and more on you.

"But it wasn't so. At the time I was trying to build a magazine company and such things as creating your own company takes time and careful planning and a lot of patience. For the first couple of years was a struggle, there was constant bickering with the designers and investors, it was a lot of stress. All I wanted was to go home and be comforted by the woman of my child not be badgered about money and such. So all of that just kept on piling up that I had a mental breakdown."

Donghee sighed rubbing the back of his neck as if the weight of the past was crushing him.

"I felt that if I didn't leave I would turn out like my father." He whispered softly.

Taehyung tilted his head slightly in confusion. "Like?"

"A deadbeat abusive drunk. I wanted to be a father you could be proud of. So I came to Seoul, found new investors and designers that knew how to compromise. I called your grandma a few weeks ago."

"Oh? How did that go?" The surprise in the younger's voice was quite appealing to the older's ears that he let out a chuckle.

"She was mad. It took three visits and continuous phone calls before she even started talking to me. She said you were happy and doing well with school and that you had a boyfriend too. I didn't want to intrude on your life since you don't recall me ever being in it. But I guess fate has other plans."

The silver haired male hummed mulling everything over.

"Are you here to stay?" The younger asked suddenly.

"Ah yes. I just got back from a business trip in Paris and New York for the new branches so I'll be in Korea for a while."

"Ok. We should have lunch together sometime and maybe dinner again."

The older Kim blinked not sure how to take the invitation.

"I'm not saying I forgive you and I'm not saying that I won't, I'm just saying we can try out this father son thing and see where it takes us." Taehyung smiled which Donghee returned with a smile similar to his son's boxy one.

The group of spies sighed in relief when the father and son duo started talking about things less serious.

"Soooo....when's the wedding?" The excitement from the younger was really refreshing.

"W-Wedding?" His father stuttered, embarrassment evident on his red cheeks.

"Yea. From what I've hear from Namjoon-hyung, you and his mother has been dating for years now. I just want you to know that I don't mind having a older brother and a little sister."

As if on cue Eunju and Namjoon shot into the kitchen tackling Taehyung into a hug. "WE HAVE A BROTHER!!!"

"Wait." Namjoon paused. "That means Yoongi-hyung is our brother-in-law."

The two siblings looked at each other before tackle hugging Yoongi.

"YOONGI'S OUR BROTHER-IN-LAW!!!"

"What world is this?" Jungkook laughed watching Yoongi's disgusted expression.

~~~~~~~~~

Yay updated! Now all that family drama is over we shall go back to our regular scheduled fluffy goodness next chapter.

Oh I have a Taegi in my draft so after I finish this imma start on that. There might be some more Namkook goodness in that book too. Look out for it!

Vote and comment~